Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl360 View Post
    The silver part can be seperated. I dont BELIEVE insurance takes requires you to send your old phone (for example, if you lost it, how can you send it back?). It will void any Palm warrantee just by inscrewing.
    I mean, the in store sprint repairs. Would this void this coverage?
    Hey ..curious to see that this worked with the ATT dummy because I bought a Sprint dummy off Ebay for the same purpose; changing red sprint to black sprint phone.

Two problems with the Black Sprint dummy I bought in addition to what has been discussed here:

1. The keyboard did not have the electrical connections to connect to the phone. I had to re-use the red keyboard. Looks kinda funky, but growing on me.

2. The camera aperature opening is blacked out. I had to scratch off the thin film covering, but it otherwise worked.

I don't know is this is just an issue with the one I bought or if this is endemic to all Sprint Dummy phones, but worth noting.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    Hey ..curious to see that this worked with the ATT dummy because I bought a Sprint dummy off Ebay for the same purpose; changing red sprint to black sprint phone.

Two problems with the Black Sprint dummy I bought in addition to what has been discussed here:

1. The keyboard did not have the electrical connections to connect to the phone. I had to re-use the red keyboard. Looks kinda funky, but growing on me.

2. The camera aperature opening is blacked out. I had to scratch off the thin film covering, but it otherwise worked.

I don't know is this is just an issue with the one I bought or if this is endemic to all Sprint Dummy phones, but worth noting.
    You do not have to reuse the KEYBOARD. The keyboard is just a rubber pad (cushion) between your hands and the actually board. Just pull the black keyboard pad from the Dummy and attach to the Real.

TEST your bluetooth... does the work the same (static)
    Last edited by mxl360; 07/30/2008 at 06:32 PM.
    I got mine and for the life of me, I can't get the battery door off. I ruined my plastic PDA pry tool. I will keep working on it. mxl360, how tough was yours to break loose?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    I got mine and for the life of me, I can't get the battery door off. I ruined my plastic PDA pry tool. I will keep working on it. mxl360, how tough was yours to break loose?
    I didn't pry.. wash your hands with hot dishwashing soap, and open like you would a regular centro but with more pressure and pull. For me it took 5 seconds.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Let me know if anybody wants to sell their old Red or Pink Sprint shell. Wife has a black one and wants Red or Pink.
    mxl360, can you tell me where the glue points are on the battery cover. I am still fighting with getting it off.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    mxl360, can you tell me where the glue points are on the battery cover. I am still fighting with getting it off.
    glue outlines on the left and right sides of the battery
    Bummer. The blue Verizon dummy won't work. The battery door is not on tracks. It is glued straight down to a hunk of metal for weight. The mid-plate and upper back portion are all one piece. The only pieces that might work are the front upper and lower colored portion.
    Bummer. The blue Verizon dummy won't work. The battery door is not on tracks. It is glued straight down to a hunk of metal for weight. The mid-plate and upper back portion are all one piece. The only pieces that might work are the front upper and lower colored portion.
    humph...sorry to hear. I need a new silver part for mine. The silver is really scratched up.
    Arrg. I just bought a dummy phone on e-bay, however, I had issues with my digitizer today, and sprint offered to replace my phone. Now, I have a dummy phone and no use for it... Arrg.
    has this successfully worked for anyone other thanmxl360? I am about to buy one off dummyphones.com to swap for my black centro, but before i pay $50 i want to make sure it is going to work and I am not going to have to use my old black keypad, and that my camera and stylus will work... please help!!
    Wow...that turned out great! If i would have known about this, maybe i wouldn't have had to switch carriers to get the white i wanted! LOL
    I got my dummy phone today. It looks VERY real. There is NOT ONE scratch on it. It seem to be an exact replica dummy phone. The enclosure is VERY MUCH real. I am mad that they seem to use a soildering iron and melted the side of the stylus to try to prevent it from coming out. I will use a razor blade and cut off the melt to see if I can get it out. It is in just of new condition as the brand new replacement Centro I got yesterday. All the keys and all the buttons feel very good on it.
    Is there a source for OEM cases for the centro? I know you could get 680 and 750 shells at one point.... I saw the red shell for the sprint centro, it doesn't look like it comes with the keyboard though.
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalee View Post
    has this successfully worked for anyone other thanmxl360? I am about to buy one off dummyphones.com to swap for my black centro, but before i pay $50 i want to make sure it is going to work and I am not going to have to use my old black keypad, and that my camera and stylus will work... please help!!
    Why not just buy one from ebay?
    I can verify that one. Just popped the door off. The screws don't even match up from what I can see so I don't think any part of the case is usable. The only thing usable is the stylus. Waste of $10 unfortunately.

I'd actually like to see shells. Would much rather buy some spare shells than deal with a case. Keep the minimalist thing going.

Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I can verify that one. Just popped the door off. The screws don't even match up from what I can see so I don't think any part of the case is usable. The only thing usable is the stylus. Waste of $10 unfortunately.

I'd actually like to see shells. Would much rather buy some spare shells than deal with a case. Keep the minimalist thing going.
    Humm. I need to check if the sprint one lines up. I got the cover off my sprint, and I have not noticed any difference between it and my real centro. I would much rather by shells as well, instead of cases. I got a black case, and that was a waste of my money too. The thing is sooo ugly.
    well the verizon one being newer might be the reason why they cheaped out on it. Haven't seen the sprint one, but it might be more of a genuine casing.

My old Nokia 8230 had the ability to just screw on replacement cases. Had quite a few on standby so I never worried about dropping it. Sometimes I still wish I had a phone that small. Still like the idea of that little Samsung on Verizon that has the number pad built into the qwerty board and the screen opens on a dual hinge depending on how you want to use it. Small as can be. Put a PIM on it, and I'd probably be a happy camper and use my Nokia N800 more for when I wanted bigger screen internet.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    I had to re-use the red keyboard. Looks kinda funky, but growing on me.
    Can we get a picture of that? I'm interested in seeing how they look together.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast