1.    #1  
    This time, I'm looking for a podcast player for my 680 that can download the podcast file to my SD card, for listening later off-line.

I have a bluetooth access point on my network that takes the place of the wireless 11abg feature we all wish we had on our 680s.

Pocket tunes has a internet radio feature that works, but it only streams over network as far as I can tell.

Anyone listen, and manage podcasts over their 680? And does the app allow the podcast to be downloaded to the Treo?

Thanks, again.
    Try any RSS feeder for Palm then go to your podcast's website and look for the link to the RSS feed for their podcasts and enter it on the feeder

I am using QuickNews and it can download RSS feeds as well as Podcast RSS feeds and download them to your card as you wish or even stream podcasts to ptunes.

Its one of the single most utilitarian apps for my Palm, one of the reason why i havent switched to the iphone yet.
    I use QuickNews, too.

There also are some free ad supported RSS feeder available at:

http://www.smaato.com/network.php
  4.    #4  
    Great!

I've downloaded QuickNews. It could work out. I'm trying to work through the interface. Looks like I'll be able to subscribe to my NPR podcasts and have them downloaded when I hotsync, or within my BT AP range. Atleast, that's the idea.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_buchanan View Post
    Looks like I'll be able to subscribe to my NPR podcasts and have them downloaded when I hotsync, or within my BT AP range. Atleast, that's the idea.
    Yup thats the beauty of it. it can download content (music images what have you) when you hotsync or you can download it yourself... or stream. Its not the prettiest app but it can do a hell lot of things.
    you can tweak screen colors in Quick News. I do use black background and creamy letters