1.    #1  
    Hi,

Is this possible? I have a computer at home and at work and I wanted to know if there is any tricks to getting this setup.

I sync with Avantgo as well as using TrueSync w/ Yahoo.

Thanks
    No problem. I sync with a desktop and a laptop. Just make sure that you set your prefs for syncing the way you want them with your computers Hotsync manager (click on the hotsync icon, then choose "Custom". You can then customize your conduits easily). I usually am only adding names and info to my address book from the laptop (which is at work). To save time syncing, I usually just synchronize my Address book and just choose "Do Nothing" for everything else.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    I synch to three computers - a home desktop, a laptop and a work desktop - with no problems whatsoever.
    Originally posted by BobbyMike
    Just make sure that you set your prefs for syncing the way you want them with your computers Hotsync manager (click on the hotsync icon, then choose "Custom". You can then customize your conduits easily).
    This is the most important part. You could just say Sync for everything, but if you make changes in more than one place (desktop, laptop, or visor), then you may run into issues of duplicate changes. It's best to make changes in only one machine if possible.

yeah, i wrote that ...
    I have no problems syncing to both my office computer and my home computer. That way I have no excuses for forgetting anything (like I'd ever forget anything ).
    Jonathan
    Does anyone know of a program that would assign icons to Appointments in calendar based on the computer it was synced too?
    I know this is an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one, because this is exactly what I am trying to do. I have a mac Powerbook I use at my moms and at home I have an iMac. My main data is on the Powerbook, but I want to sync with the iMac desktop as well. So, I'm thinking set the conduits on the desktop to "handheld overwrites desktop" to avoid duplicate entries, etc, and I get that. MY problem is that when I go to sync it stops immediately and tells me I can't sync more than one handheld with this computer. I'm using the same user name, but my palm DID change. The last time I sync'd on the desktop it was with a Sprint Treo 650, and now I am using a Cingular Treo 650- all the info is the same, so what is it not letting me sync? I'm using the same user name. Any ideas?
    Try this:

Assuming that you have all of your old Sprint Palm related stuff in a folder called "Palm" and that you synced everything you need over to the Palm from the other puter.

1. Install from the Cingular Palm CD into a new directory called "PalmCingular" leaving your old Sprint Setup the same....note this phone will no longer HotSync to the puter.

2. Sync with handheld overwrites desktop" setting.