My girlfriend is currently on her 3rd Treo 650 in the past 2 years. When it's been broken, she's had it replaced through Asurion with a $50 co-pay. They've always sent another refurb'd 650 and the most recently one which she got about 6 months ago is now having problems and likely needs to be replaced again. Does anyone know the trick to get Verizon Wireless to upgrade her to a NEW phone and or NEW model like a 700/755p? The phone she has now is very unique - physically it's not "marked" anywhere with the Verizon Wireless name or logo (except in the OS of course) but on the outside including the battery cover, it says "pa1mOne". It's got the latest VZW Treo 650 firmware and has the VZW firmware string in "Phone Info", however, all the versions of the apps like SMS/MMS/Phone/Etc, pre-date Christ - they're all v1.01, v1.1 or similar. Nothing is dated after 2004. I used to have a 650 on VZW and I believe I remember having, at least, newer app versions although I can't exactly remember because it's been about 2 years since I last had one.

Anyway, so is there a trick to getting a newer model or new instead of a refurb phone from Verizon Wireless? Anyone else seen/heard of a VZW firmware flashed 650 with no VZW branding anywhere on the casing of the phone?

Thanks in advance...