1.    #1  
    I have the new blue Verizon Centro.

Going on a cruise in a few weeks to Bermuda and was wondering about both data & voice coverage while on the cruise (Royal Caribbean) and in Bermuda.

Can anyone provide details on the coverage for data (internet) and voice? Additional costs? etc...

Thanks.
    Go to this site and click on Royal Caribbean about 3/4 of the way down the page to see if your ship is covered. The rate is $2.49 per minute while you're on board the ship. When you're in Bermuda the rate will be $1.99. You will not have data services.

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roa..._coverage.html

I was just on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and had service with my Sprint phone onboard (same rates as you) but when we were in Puerto Rico and St. Thomas USVI I had home rates and data. In St. Marten it was roaming with no data. If the phone rang and I didn't answer I wasn't charged. I used a thing called Majic Jack (http://www.magicjack.com/1/index.asp) along with the internet minutes I bought for my laptop to make my calls when I was in my room. It says it doesn't work with Satellite service, but it worked fine. My daughter is in Europe for a school for a month and ithe majic jack is working great in her dorm room. I can call the local St. Louis number I picked for it and reach her, and she can call anywhere in the U.S. or Canada for free from it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    for sprint there's a plan which reduces the minute rate.. kinda like adding long distance on your phone
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    verizon roams on teh island and on the ship in the harbor for sure. I forget the pricing. Voice and data both worked 2 years ago when we went. (sounds like no data anymore?)

You need to call vz BEFORE you go to make sure your account is allowed to roam there.
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    verizon roams on teh island and on the ship in the harbor for sure. I forget the pricing. Voice and data both worked 2 years ago when we went. (sounds like no data anymore?)

You need to call vz BEFORE you go to make sure your account is allowed to roam there.
    It might roam data on shore, sorry about that, but I am sure it won't roam data on the ship.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    they didn't have the on ship service back then- that's a neat new thing.

I guess they send it through their sat internet - which back then was S L O W. I bought wifi access one day on board the ship at sea. dialup on a 14.4 modem was more fun.

must have upgraded that so they can do cell too....