1.    #1  
    Is there any general leaning by the palmOS community on which excel/palm software works the best? I've only been able to find old reviews and or noncomparison reviews.

I'm looking to keep a lot of Work type data on my Visoredge (i.e. phone lists, past history, etc.....no small stuff like shopping lists). What is out there that can handle medium to large excel sheets?

Thanks,

Hendon
    VisorEdge
    You should look at Quicksheet in Quickoffice. Quickoffice was voted the #1 software package of Y2K by Visorcentral.

http://www.visorcentral.com/page/0-6-47-1-6.htm

http://www.cesinc.com
    <><
    tinysheet gets my vote. (www.iambic.com)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    And I'd have to vote for MiniCalc ( http://www.solutionsinhand.com ).
    IYYAYAS

AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country.
    I'll second MiniCalc. I've been using it for more than two years and it never let me down. The most important aspect of MiniCalc for me is that you may have virtually infinite (12 K long) formulae in a single cell, as compared to tiny ones in the competition. The fully Excel-compatible charting application is another major advantage. The only things that MiniCalc is missing are some sort of corporate backing and a more professional institution. This is the sole reason it is the lesser known choice as compared to competition.

You may have a look at the comparison charts for features and performance of the three spreadsheet programs. The charts are compiled by Solutions in Hand, the maker of MiniCalc.

ET
    Quicksheet and Quickoffice here. Quicksheet is practically Excel on the Palm. The functions are even built in the same way. I have a VDX, so I haven't worried about text formatting (color, etc.).

The only caveat I see is that this is the first Palm app that I have had to "save" to keep that changes that I make. The first time I edited a spreadsheet on my Visor, then synced to Excel on my desktop, the changes weren't there. I went back into Quicksheet, hit "Save" and synced again and it was there.
    Soul Raven - "Små hjerne, stor glæde"
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Originally posted by tekman
    The only things that MiniCalc is missing are some sort of corporate backing and a more professional institution. This is the sole reason it is the lesser known choice as compared to competition.
    MiniCalc's clunky (IMO) interface might have something to do with it, too. Whether a product is intuitive or not is very subjective; personally, I find MiniCalc much less easy to use than QuickSheet. (Though QS has its own set of problems.)

However, when I tried out the three Palm spreadsheet apps, there was no question that MiniCalc wins out in features and sheer spreadsheet formula crunching power. I didn't need these features, though, and bought QS because of it's (relative) ease-of-use.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Originally posted by Soul Raven
    The only caveat I see is that this is the first Palm app that I have had to "save" to keep that changes that I make. The first time I edited a spreadsheet on my Visor, then synced to Excel on my desktop, the changes weren't there. I went back into Quicksheet, hit "Save" and synced again and it was there.
    I really like the QS Save option -- it allows me to get rid of any inadvertent mistakes I made in the spreadsheet on the Palm, by closing it without Saving (it warns me if I haven't saved).
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."