1. jjd
    Help!

I went to bed last night and TreoGuard turned off my 700p's radio as usual.

When I woke up this morning, the phone had apparently rebooted because I was in the "configure time/date" screen that you get on reboot.

Subsequently, it cannot find the network. The top of the phone screen says "Network search..." with a red T after it. If I try to place a call it says: "The phone is off. Would you like to turn it on?" I click "Yes" and it sits in the yellow Sprint "Welcome" screen for an overly long time -- perhaps 4 minutes. Then it returns to the state where it says "Network Search..." but thinks the phone is off if I try to dial.

What happened? Hardware failiure? Any suggestions?

I guess I could do a hard reset, but I'm a little nervous about it.

What will Sprint do for me to fix it? I really don't want to get into another contract right now -- waiting for linux-based phones.

--Jim--
    There are three possibilties:

1) Your phone radio died...

2) The network is down.....

3) Battery issue....Is the battery fully charged?

I never see the network date/time screen unless I take the battery out of my 700p or Centro.

Try another battery, or take it to Sprint for another battery or a replacement device if the phone radio died......

3. jjd
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    There are three possibilties:

1) Your phone radio died...

2) The network is down.....

3) Battery issue....Is the battery fully charged?

I never see the network date/time screen unless I take the battery out of my 700p or Centro.

Try another battery, or take it to Sprint for another battery or a replacement device if the phone radio died......

1. Sadly, seeming most likely.
    2. Other sprint phones nearby work fine.
    3. Fully charged.

4. jjd
    Further debugging showed that in the Phone app, Menu->Phone Info showed blank entries for ESN, MSID and SID. I think this pretty much shows that the it couldn't talk to the phone hardware even enough to get the ESN.

I tried soft reset, hard reset and even reflashed the firmware. Same thing.

I took it to a factory sprint repair store and after waiting 90 minutes, I now I have a new 755p for a $55 repair charge. No contract extension, which is what I really didn't want.

--Jim--