1.    #1  
    On my VZW Centro I thought I was upgrading to a free upgrade to the existing program, but it ended up installing new trial version!

Any option of going back to the default version? (other that doing a hard reset)
  2.    #2  
    I think I figured it out, I just re-entered my registration info and its no longer running as a trial version.
    What do you mean by "registration info"? I'm in the same boat as you (they really should have let us know it was a trial version when they said "FREE Update"), and all I see are fields for "Registraion Number" and "Activation Code." Since Docs to Go came preinstalled on my Centro, I don't have this information. Or am I missing something?
    In my (unlocked GSM) Centro, if I launch Docs to Go and look in the Options menu at Registration Info, there is a registration number. I'd assume that's the number I'd enter if I installed the free update.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    is that free update available for unlocked Centros, too?
  6.    #6  
    Did you registered it, they should of sent you reg/act info via email. Once you get that info you can go to dataviz site and login and redownload software.