1.    #1  
    I have decided to cleanup my 755p of all the junk on it. I have searched and read as many articles as possiable on the clean install process (including Perry's excellent step-by-step). Each one states I should rename my palmone backup folder to prevent applications/preferences from being re-synched.
    The problem is that there is nothing in my palmone folder except the following file:
    Hardrest.pdb
    I think this came from a hardrest yesterday when I had to stop a looping problem by hardrestting. I see almost all of my installed programs in the archive folder and on my sdhc card(I use backup buddy). Do I rename it?

Would someone please clarify what I need to do to keep the old preferences and junk from being reinstalled and what folder I should use to reinstall apps one at a time. Thanks for any info provided.
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
    I have decided to cleanup my 755p of all the junk on it. I have searched and read as many articles as possiable on the clean install process (including Perry's excellent step-by-step). Each one states I should rename my palmone backup folder to prevent applications/preferences from being re-synched.
    The problem is that there is nothing in my palmone folder except the following file:
    Hardrest.pdb
    I think this came from a hardrest yesterday when I had to stop a looping problem by hardrestting. I see almost all of my installed programs in the archive folder and on my sdhc card(I use backup buddy). Do I rename it?

Would someone please clarify what I need to do to keep the old preferences and junk from being reinstalled and what folder I should use to reinstall apps one at a time. Thanks for any info provided.
    ..then the best way is to sync your contacts and calendar with Outlook. Then make a copy of your palm folder and rename it (perhaps with today’s date.)

Hard reset your Treo.

Uninstall Palm desktop and reboot your computer. Reinstall Palm desktop.

Sync your Treo as directed by the Palm Desktop install.

Now have a clean Treo with only your contacts and calendar entries.

Reinstall each app individually and assure that it works before installing the next app.

Enjoy your “new” Treo.
    Cheers

Charles