1.    #1  
    Hey, I want to make some GIF and/or PNG icons because they support transparency but I'm not sure how to edit the res.rcp file so that everything else works well together and can ultimately give a PRC. The res.rcp file is made for a BMP icon so it has BMP settings and what not but I'm not sure what to put for PNG or GIF so that I can get a proper PRC. Any help would be so much appreciated as I can't seem to find my answer. Thanks
    What program will this be used with? Usually transparency on the palm OS is defined by either a predefined color (a lot of people use 255 0 255 since that pink color is rarely used in icons) or the color of the top left pixel.

AKA You don't have to use png or gif files to get transparency for icons in the final product. BMPs will work just fine.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    What program will this be used with? Usually transparency on the palm OS is defined by either a predefined color (a lot of people use 255 0 255 since that pink color is rarely used in icons) or the color of the top left pixel.

AKA You don't have to use png or gif files to get transparency for icons in the final product. BMPs will work just fine.
    I planned to use them with TouchLauncher but I wanted to eventually make some for other launchers as well. As for BMPs, I've been reading mixed answers and read that you can use transparency but I've followed the steps and whenever I put them on my Centro they have white backgrounds. I did read about the 255 0 255 but I never saved an icon like that and put it on my phone but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. Thanks a lot for your reply.
    If they are showing a white background, then the transparency color for the rcp would be 255 255 255 and not 255 0 255. And that is assuming that it is true white. You may have to pull the color from the picture to find out.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    The icon builder that Ryhor offers on his website, if you run the "res" file as 0 0 0 you will get transparent images. You have to use .bmp images as well. The GLT01.prc file he has loaded I also have as a complete transparent file set. If your images aren't true 3 channel images, then you will have some slight traces of black but on the correct backgrounds, you can't tell.

Be glad to send it you if you want.

Take care ..................Greg