1.    #1  
    My wife plays Yahdice quite a bit. It tends to be kind of a loud game and we can't find an option to disable the sound effects. So, my wife just slides the ringer switch to silent on her Centro...and then forgets to slide it back.

She is hoping to find something that will allow her phone to automatically be quite when she is playing Yahdice, but goes back to normal when she is done.

Does anyone know if there is an application that you can configure, that will allow you to disable all sounds for a given application while it is running?

Thanks
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    I never could find a way to quiet that game without silencing the whole app. I gave up and started to use Dice 121. Same game but quieter.
    Although a bit pricey at $19.95, I think VolumeCare can do it, at least it says so on its webpage. That's with the Pro version, because I have the Basic version and it can't set app's volume.

Link:
    gotreosoftware.com

Maybe there are other options, shareware or freeware. But I only know of VolumeCare Pro.
    Profiles.

It can get a little more specific than the regular system preferences sounds and allow you to turn game sounds to "off"
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by deibelsan View Post
    Profiles.

It can get a little more specific than the regular system preferences sounds and allow you to turn game sounds to "off"
    I use profiles right now. Aren't different profiles in Profiles time or calendar event driven? Are you suggesting that she turn off game sounds permanently? I am confused...
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.