Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    How does a GSM Centro do on the net? I know it's not 3G, but has the software been optimized to make it any faster than older GSM POS devices?

I have an old Cingular 650 that is so achingly slow accessing the net that I hardly bother anymore.

Before this thing, I had a CDMA (Sprint) 650 that was easily 2x-3x faster, but I need international capabilities so I'm stuck with GSM (AT&T).
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post
    How does a GSM Centro do on the net? I know it's not 3G, but has the software been optimized to make it any faster than older GSM POS devices?

I have an old Cingular 650 that is so achingly slow accessing the net that I hardly bother anymore.

Before this thing, I had a CDMA (Sprint) 650 that was easily 2x-3x faster, but I need international capabilities so I'm stuck with GSM (AT&T).
    BTW, by "POS" I meant "Palm Operating System", not the other thing...
    Centro GSM (Unlocked) is decidedly faster than my 650. I don't know how it works, but 650 did have EDGE, but was painfully slow. Maybe Palm had us fooled.. My network and my usage pattern has been the same.

To give an idea, a 250 KB file is downloaded in, maybe approx 15-20 seconds on the Centro. T|C web pages display in a few seconds (< 10s).