1.    #1  
    Is there a way to password protect Versamail? For example, I would rather enter my password prior to downloading mail vs. just automatically downloading.

The old Eudora app did this. Does anyone know if it's possible with Versamail?

Thanks
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
  2.    #2  
    I'm surprised this isn't more of a concern. What email is everyone using? My only concern is someone being able to pick up my phone and access my email without having to enter a password.

I'm trying out Sprint Mobile Email and don't see any more functionality there either.

Eudora used to have a password option on my old Palm.
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
    If you have concern about people reading yoru downloaded email, you should password protect the entire phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    If you have concern about people reading yoru downloaded email, you should password protect the entire phone.
    I've thought of that, but it's a hassle to enter my password everytime I turn my phone on. :/
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><
    There is a program out there that will allow you to lock apps. Just realize the reprocussions of doing it app by app. If you do it app by app, you will be required to provide the password everytime you use that app including (unless they specifically do a workaround for your particular email app) autosyncing. If you do it by the device, it will stay internal and autosyncing won't be an issue. Additionally if you do it on a app level, your databases are still open for manipulation.

Some other food for thought: your email app is probably not your most sensative data on your phone. It may feel that way to you since it is your data however I would hazard a guess and say that you have at least one birthday in there. That is one major piece of PII for identity theft.

Personally I will be glad when we get something better than passwords for securing our phones.
    ChatterEmail can secure itself with a launch password, and an authentication timeout if desired. Just as important, you can have it encrypt any email messages saved on an SD storage card, to keep them from being read by other means.

Chatter works with Treo 600 series, 750p, 755p, and Centro. Palm owns it -- the product page is here: http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod5350910

Pricey at $40, and exposes a variety of configuration options that could surprise/dismay you at first.

Might be just what you are looking for. I wouldn't trade it for any of its competitors.
    /swv
  7.    #7  
    Bingo, we have a winner!!! Thanks Swivet! I'll probably pick it up in the future.
    Palm Centro (Sprint)

Get right or get left.
    Jesus <*{{{><