Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I recently switched from the Palm desktop to Outlook, in the event I decide (which I think I will) to go with the 800 when it comes to VZW. I used Chapura Copy and it did a fantastic job, but now I've repeat contacts. Should I:
    1. Delete the palm desktop contacts?
    2. Keep them and not worry about it?
    3. Rid myself of Outlook? or
    4. Someone have a better way to get rid of the duplicates?
    Thanks for the help in advance...
    David
    Palm Owner for 10+ years
    Where are the duplicates and how many contacts should you have? If the duplicates are in Outlook and its not too many, manually delete every other contact (AKA the duplicates). If they are in Outlook and there are many, run one of the duplicate removal tools that are out there.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks, the duplicates are on my Centro only, so I guess it's recording both Outlook and Palm Desktop contacts. It's all of my contacts on the device.
    David
    Palm Owner for 10+ years
    That is odd as you are only supposed to have one active conduit (eith palm desktop or outlook). What options do you have under contacts in the hotsync program?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos are all checked for Outlook synchronization.
    David
    Palm Owner for 10+ years
    If you add a new contact to the treo, where does it sync? outlook, palm desktop, or both?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    OK, my apologies for the delay, but I've added a new contact through Outlook and after a hotsync, it loaded onto my device, once with no duplicate.
    David
    Palm Owner for 10+ years
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Now, when I added a contact to the device and performed the hotsync, it loaded to Outlook, not Palm Desktop.
    David
    Palm Owner for 10+ years
    So with that in mind then let's try the following:
    1. make a good backup with nvbackup or other sd card based backup app.
    2. change the hotsync for contact to computer overrides handheld. Does that get rid of the duplicates.

Assumptions: the outlook version has all of your contacts.
    If we screw something up here, we can restore the contacts database which is why I wanted the backup.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I apologize for the delay, been super busy. I just spent a couple of days and deleted the duplicates manually. It appears that it spawned from the palm contacts; all syncs involving Outlook have worked flawlessly. Thanks for the assistance.
    David
    Palm Owner for 10+ years
    There is a shareware program by the name of undupe put out by stevenscreek software which works well.