Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We know you are, just pulling your....

BB
    I know...
    I made the switch on Friday. I'm still playing with it, but I really like it so far. I particularly LOVE the GPS.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Are you a real reverend, reverend?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I made the switch on Friday. I'm still playing with it, but I really like it so far. I particularly LOVE the GPS.
    How was making the switch from POS to WM?
    Hmmm...I'm thinking about it. But I have never used the WM OS. The company I work for made the change and now I can only get my email if I am using a blackberry or WM. So I might give WM a chance.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I like my 755P and see no reason to switch. I would like WiFi in my Treo that would be nice. At work I have used a T-Mobile Dash running WM 5.1 and physically the phone is nice but WM is snail slow response wise. Press the E-mail button and wait 5-10 seconds. E-mail is the worst app loading IE takes a couple of seconds. Just a lot of things in WM just seem brain dead to me. The Treo 600 is blazing fast in comparison.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    A 1600mAh battery comes standard on the 755p. You can get a 2200mAh battery that fits under the stock battery door from Seidio.

The 800w offers a battery approximately half the size of the largest OEM-size offering from Seidio yet adds wi-fi & GPS to the mix? Even if you never use those power-hungry features, I still would'd want a Centro-sized battery life on top of all of the WinMob UI headaches.

I'll stick with my trusty 755p through year's end or until Nova appears next spring, at least.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    How was making the switch from POS to WM?
    Well, I had a PPC6700, so WM wasn't entirely new to me. However, the switch wasn't bad (either going to my PPC, or now going to the 800W after 2 years with POS).

I think the only thing I really miss is the ability to set apps as keyboard shortcuts. However, some things make it very worthwhile, such as the fact that there are no A2DP gymnastics every time I want to listen to an audiobook.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    If Palm would just relent and give us a proper 3.5mm stereo headphone jack (STONE AGE TECHNOLOGY INDEED) in at least ONE POS smartphone, we wouldn't have to resort to any $30 registration, Garnet-crashing, worry-about-charging-headphones, battery-hogging, A2DP gymnastics to listen to audiobooks/music/videos. Sigh...
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    You can get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adpater really cheap.
    I have had 3 WM phones in the past and never liked them, never enough to keep them for more than a few days. The 800W though is a better device and for me has been stable. The learning curve has been easy, though there are a couple of applications that I really miss. If it were not for the multi-tasking feature, I would go right back to POS.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Well, I had a PPC6700, so WM wasn't entirely new to me. However, the switch wasn't bad (either going to my PPC, or now going to the 800W after 2 years with POS).

I think the only thing I really miss is the ability to set apps as keyboard shortcuts. However, some things make it very worthwhile, such as the fact that there are no A2DP gymnastics every time I want to listen to an audiobook.
    Thanks for the response.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12