1.    #1  
    I just got my Verizon Centro this week and it is very impressive. I've had the 600-650-700 and it is hard to believe Palm improved on all those and put it into such a small, sleek and solid-feeling device. And I was a little lazy so I just synced my 700P data into the Centro and it works great.

And it's not just the form factor that is great. the internals are much better. No disconnects with my Jawbone headset. Internet and everything is really fast and snappy. When you press the on/off, the response is almost always instant. If you had the 700P you know how there were delays. Yesterday, while listening to PTunes, I got a text message. I sent and received a few texts, while still listening to PTunes, and got no skips or delays.

There are a couple of negatives. Of course, the battery is smaller and tough to make it through the day without charging. Also, the battery cover is hard to remove. After the second day, the little plastic tabs that hold it on and make it tight broke. I just took a business card and folded it to make the cover tight. Now I can easily remove the cover but it stays on just fine and feels nice and solid.

Way to go Palm and Verizon.
    Yup, I'm real happy with my Sprint Centro too. I got it on Oct 15th last year and have zero problems with it. Still the same one I originally purchased.

Not bad for a "cheap" smart phone.

My wife got one over the weekend. I have comapred it to my 700wx and there are things I like and don't like

I like the bright screen, the camera is better, Blazer is crazy fast when loading the internet, and I like the keypad a bit more. I like how the text messaging is setup without any hacks needed. I like the Micro SD rather than the regular SD card

I don't like the OS, I think the WM is much easier to navigate, I hate the lack of a back button, although I like how you can hold the home buitton and your previous apps show up. Stylus they gie you is really cheap feeling comapred to the 700wx stylus. The battery cover is a huge pain to remove to get at the SD card.
    I got mine unlocked (using it on T Mobile in the UK) about a month or so ago and still love it! It's a great little phone, been having great fun trialing tons of software and picked up a couple of choice apps.

The only thing I can say that really gripes is the crappy battery life, it just about gets me through the day and means I'll have to shell out for either another batter or some software to make power savings...
    You do not need to get to the SD card as often as you might think. Just get the software CardReader, and your Centro can turn into a card reader, so you dont need to remove the memory card to transfer files.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, the stylus is cheap. Fortunately, you can do almost everything with the 5-way. And yeah, removing the card is a pain. It's really worth it to get Card Export and then you can access your card like a disk drive. Works great.
    I have a question. On most of my phones(haven't used the Treo in a while), just plugging in the phone alerts the computer to a removable drive. Or you can direct files to the card on WM, through Explorer.

I never really noticed but Palm OS doesn't have these options?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I have a question. On most of my phones(haven't used the Treo in a while), just plugging in the phone alerts the computer to a removable drive. Or you can direct files to the card on WM, through Explorer.

I never really noticed but Palm OS doesn't have these options?
    No this is not a default option for Palmos devices except for the T5/liefdrive etc. You can addon this feature with card reader:

http://www.mobile-stream.com/cardreader.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Can you use a 700p charger on the Centro?
    TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Can you use a 700p charger on the Centro?
    TIA
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Yep
    Great. Tks treotraveler