1.    #1  
    Recently purchased a Sprint ready Palm Treo 755p for use with Cricket CDMA service...

Phone, 'web' icon app, and Text msg works fine so far (1 week). After reading this thread I'm a little concerned. Considering the Sprint 1.07(?) update, but not sure how that will affect service with Cricket.

Google Maps app and several other apps do not work and not able to send PIX message. Not able to use 'My Treo' registration or updates via phone's apps.

Anyone else trying Cricket for service or other 'unlocked' phones?

Can not beat the $60.00 month for all unlimited - phone - LD - TXT - PIX - in local (most all US major cities) Cricket coverage area.
    Once you flash a phone to Cricket, you will not be able to apply any updates for that phone from the vendor. Essentially the phone may say it's a Sprint phone, but when you put the Cricket firmware on it, overwriting the Sprint firmware, it is a Cricket phone, not a Sprint one. If you try doing an upgrade, you will most likely wind up with a brick. A nice looking brick, but a brick none the less.

Sprint has some decent plans that start at $80/month, and include free nationwide roaming (no matter what network) as well as unlimited GPS/video/text/picture, in fact anything the phone you are using is capable of.

Last edited by ivhs72; 07/15/2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Not to mention the awesome SERO plans still avialble from Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiden View Post
    Not to mention the awesome SERO plans still avialble from Sprint
    The SERO plans are no longer available. Check out the main Treocentral page. It has been replaced by the Everything Plus Referral Program or something like that.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1858-1.htm

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."