1.    #1  
    Ok - So I've gone through google and called computer people and no one can help me...can you? I'll take you out for a steak if you can!!!

COM1 Not available - When it is, HotSync will let me know. I need some step by step stuff to do. I've gone in and shut my firewall off and that didn't help. I don't even know how to figure out what COM is which. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Hotsync software a 1,000 times. I've plugged into every usb port I have...

What do I need to do to get my phone to sync up?
    Please help
    try this, on your system taskbar right click on the hotsync icon and click on Setup; now click on Local and Modem and see which port is showing in the dropdown box, they should say the same port # If they say Port 1, pull down the dropdown boxs and choose another port, maybe 3 or 4; click save . Now right click again on the icon and make sure that both Local and Local USB are checkmarked and nothing else. Now hook up the phone and see if you can hotsync.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  3.    #3  
    I did what you said and when I went to both of those places there wasn't even a port to show. just a blank box in both...thoughts?
    Well, at this point I would try to uninstall the 755 Palm Desktop and re-install it again. When I am doing something like this, I like to reboot the computer after the uninstall and then reboot the computer after the new install. Good luck.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Am getting same message (very frustrating) and have rebooted both laptop and Treo w/out success.
    But, worse, my desktop shows "Treo 700P", not my new 755P. I last sync'd the 755P successfully under these conditions on 7/3 (w/755P), but now cannot.
    Read in Palm Help that I can sync w/multiple devices and/or computers. I tried to ad the 755P under a new user name, but Desktop v. 6.2.2 (just installed for my Vista-from-Hell) doesn't permit changing the device (model). Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.