1.    #1  
    I updated my Platinum to the latest version and began getting crashes when modifying forms in ThinkDB. Soemone suggested I remove the patch which I did and my problem went away. I have contact both ThikDB and HS about the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Clark
    "We are the people are parents warned us about."

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    Weird. Both work fine on my Prism.
    I'm having the same problem. Every time I go to modify a form in ThinkDB since I installed the patch, ThinkDB crashes. How do you delete the patch? Is that HsExtensions 3.5.2, 69K?
  4.    #4  
    Here's how I did it. First I hotsynced. Then I did a hard reset to erase all the data from my Platinum. then I went in to the backup folder in the palm directory and erased the patch. (it will be nameded something like (hs update 1.4) I don't remember the exact name. After deleting it from the backup file I resynhed my platinum to restore the backup. Good Luck

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    Originally posted by cfralick
    Here's how I did it. First I hotsynced. Then I did a hard reset to erase all the data from my Platinum. then I went in to the backup folder in the palm directory and erased the patch. (it will be nameded something like (hs update 1.4) I don't remember the exact name. After deleting it from the backup file I resynhed my platinum to restore the backup. Good Luck
    There is another easy way to do it :

Just do the system reset: hold scrollup button and do reset.
    I restore data from the memory module after a hard reset rather than relying on the desktop, since I don't have BackupBuddy and the desktop doesn't back up some of my apps. So I did the hard reset, but when I backed up from the memory module, it restored the patch. So I copied my TinyBytes to the flash module, deleted ThinkDB, re-installed ThinkDB, and moved the TinyBytes back to the handheld. Now ThinkDB works fine. The order in which you install the patch and ThinkDB apparently makes a difference; if you install ThinkDB after the patch, it works OK.
    I had THinkDB on my VPR and installed the patch the day it came out. I have had no problems and just created a new tinybyte and Form yesterday.

I also have a 16mg hagiwara, but I keep ThinkDB and my databases on the VPR internal. I believe I did have problems (few months ago) when I moved ThinkDB to the springboard.

PDA@aacpas.com
  8.    #8  
    Thanks,

But, I could create new tinybytes and forms but If I went back to modify the form after I created it, it would crash. After I removed the patch, everything worked.

Clark

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    I modified the form (changed the size of the first column so that the text was visible and reordered the list) and no crash. Hmmm strange.

PDA@aacpas.com
  10.    #10  
    I am going to uninstall ThinkDB and then instal the patch and see if it works.

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
  11.    #11  
    It still doesn't work. Oh well we'll see if ThinkDB support gets back to me.

<b>Clark Fralick</b>