1.    #1  
    I just purchased my new Palm Centro today. My service provider is At&t, just to let everyone know.

I'm already a little lost with the vast differences between my old phone, which didn't even have a camera, to this one. However, I'm fairly tech savvy, so I've been able to figure out most of what I need to know already.

However, I'm having a problem with sending MMS messages. I can send texts and take pictures just fine, but for some reason I can not combine the two. I just get an error message that says 'Unable to send, the connection was interupted, please correct the error and try again.'

I am on a family plan, with the family unlimited texting, which includes multi-media texts. However, though I don't know if this has anything to do with it, I do not currently have the internet media package. So I can't get on the internet, but I am supposed to be able to send picture messages through texts anyway, right?

Anyone have a similar problem, or does anyone know how to fix this?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    hello-sorry you're having problems with mms. as a matter of fact, a friend of mine with sprint had the same problem when she got her centro. she kept trying to send me mms and i would never receive them and she would get the same error messages. finally she contacted sprint to check her account and find out what the problem was and everything was ok with her account BUT all of a sudden i started getting her mms....wierd. i know this may not help but at least you're not alone.

oh, forgot to mention. recently she tried to send me a picture message and got an error message. she had told me about it and i told her to clear/delete most of the pics/videos on her memory card. as soon as she deleted some pics and a couple of videos, she was able to send the picture message without errors. i don't know if you have a memory card yet BUT that may help. sorry if it doesn't.
    Last edited by V of HB; 07/11/2008 at 05:30 AM.
    To send pictures, you have to use the net, so if you want to send pictures then you need a data plan.
    Like Musketeer said, you need a data plan. Text messaging is not connected to data. However, Multi Media, like Picture Mail is.

You need the data connection to upload (send pictures) and download (receive pictures) Picture Mail.

You'll have to talk to the account holder and ATT to add the data connection.

You really need a data plan anyhow if you are going to take advantage of the Centro's features.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by honeyjean View Post
    However, I'm having a problem with sending MMS messages. I can send texts and take pictures just fine, but for some reason I can not combine the two. I just get an error message that says 'Unable to send, the connection was interupted, please correct the error and try again.'
    I am trying to resolve this problem myself at the moment with my Treo 650. I have previously been able to receive an MMS. I do have access to the internet, but I get exactly the same error message. I have been talking to my service provider about it for a couple of days (Australia - Southern Cross Telecom using Telstra network). I can even manually connect to the telstra.mms network service in my Preferences>Network.

If I find a solution I will detail it in this thread.
    Well, I seem to have gone as far as I will be able to on this. I went into the Messaging application, then Menu>Options>Preferences>Network, then Network configuration - Manual - Edit and found that the MMS gateway address was not as per the data from my service provider. I set that to the correct figure and now I can send MMS's but not receive reliably. Most of the time, on receive, I get about 70% of the progress bar and then ERROR: This message could not be retrieved. Internal error (0004100D) has occured. Please try again later. Unfortunately, a search of the internet for that Palm error number shows that it is a common problem with MMS on Palm devices.

Any suggestions?

And can anybody confirm that they are able to receive MMS's. And with which carrier?