1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Well I am about to take the plunge with a Centro!

In the past I had a Sprint 300, 600 & 650. I hated Sprint and the 650 crashed on a 2 to 3 time a week basis!

Then my g/f and i got serious and we were phoning each other many times a day. It is her only phone she is/was with Verz. and has had great service. However, calling her was free on my land line, but her cell bills were huge from calling me, as we live in two different counties!

So I decided that I would go back to a cell and give up on Palm. We both went on the same account and that will last thru friday. We are staying on the same account, however I am getting rid of my LG 8300, which I I love however, I miss the features of a treo.

We both went to the V store and ordered a Centro for me. (They have it in stock, but if I wait until Friday, I get a $100 discount, as my G/F has a coupon for $100 which we found out is not good until friday).

1. Does anyone know how I would transfer files from my LG 8300, (phone, music and photos. I am most concerned about my phone/address book?

The info is backed up onto a micro sd 1 gig card within and removable from the phone. It alsos is backed up on my computer via a program called, data pilot.

2. I am not taking the data plan. I hardly ever went online with my old treos and that was a $10 a month option, however it is $22 a month on V and it is too slow and frankly due to a neck injury, and follow up spinal surery, ( i have has spinal surgery twice, trust me it is something you all could live without doing), thus making to painful to look down and use the treo for very long period of time. I also never sent texts from any of my phones, and I think I sent 3 eamils in about 5 years of using a Treo!

3. I am miost interestesd in the calander and other software!

4. Shortly before I gave up on my treo 650, there was a company that was talking about a program, that would convert ebooks and text on palm software based PDAs to audio books. Anyone know what I am talking about? Disd anything ever come of it?
    Thnaks for any help! Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Syning your old phone to outlook and then syncing your new phone to outlook would be the easiest.

What options do you have for the LG? Could you export the contacts to a CVS file?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, I do not have outlook, but I think I you can download that for free. I have no idea what a CVS file is, the only CVS I know is the drug store, (LOL), TAKE CARE, JAY
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Sorry, CSV file (Comma Separated Value). Just a comma delimited text file. More of it is going to matter on what you can do with your old phone.
    "I have no idea what a CVS file is"

Do you know what google is?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    "I have no idea what a CVS file is"

Do you know what google is?
    Well at least I know what google is, LOL!