1.    #1  
    Hey, I got my centro today serviced from verizon..

Most things are funkin amazing.. and I got them figured out by googlin and surfin and all that.. but I still have a few questions that I could use some help with...

1) Is there any way to to have the contacts be displayed as first name last name? Its really awkward for me to see all my contacts displayed the other way.. (Any contacts software? Hopefully free?)

2) On my old phone, I could use a number to pull up a contact and decide from there whether to txt or call them.. Is there a way to use this functionality in some way?

I'm sure I'll have some more.. but.. those are the two burning ones..

Thanks a lot.. and I appreciate it..

(I'm very noobish in the world of smartphones, the last phone I had was an old LG flipphone, so sorry for the noobishness...)

Quote Originally Posted by dhruv8890 View Post
    1) Is there any way to to have the contacts be displayed as first name last name? Its really awkward for me to see all my contacts displayed the other way.. (Any contacts software? Hopefully free?)
    Can't help you on this.......... I've got a Treo 755p, but I'm sure someone here with a Centro will be along soon to help you out.......

2) On my old phone, I could use a number to pull up a contact and decide from there whether to txt or call them.. Is there a way to use this functionality in some way?
    I HIGHLY recommend using TAKEphONE!! As you can tell by my signature, I LOVE all of the developer's apps! TAKEphONE is easy to use, and VERY useful. You can read more about this app here, here, and here

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
  3.    #3  
    lol unfortunately.. im college-bound and have no money to spend..

but maybe I'll be able to buy it one of these days..

another lil question..

I jus got this today and I wanted to send my gf a picture.. I'm not entirely sure how MMS is diff from pix messaging as in the older phones.. but she did not receive my pictures.. in fact, when I sent them, the phone didnt show the sending message dialogue, but it jus saved them to the outbox. (Also, what is the difference between the outbox and the sent box?)

Thank you so muchh..
    Even though it is about $20, you should really take a look at Takephone. It will do what you want with the contacts and option to text. It is really a fantastic phone enhancement.

On the mms or sms, usually, the outbox is where items go before they are sent. It they are still there, it usually means they weren't sent.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I don't know of any freeware app that does that. However, you can easily navigate by just typing the initials.

In your phone app, you could assign contacts in favorites and give each a specific quick key to launch with. Once you've assigned a key, all you have to do is press and hold the key and it'll give you options to call/text your contact. By the way, you can assign quick texts to anything: contacts, apps etc...Very handy!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies.. I have played around with it some more.. and I guess I'm gonna have to get used to this one the way it works..

I got Takephone.. still messin with it.. tryina squeeze out that money..

thanks
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    for contacts to be displayed first name then last name:

-goto desktop. in the "first name" box, simply input the first and last name then sync with centro.

or

-just type in first and last name in the "last name" field in the centro contacts.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    the centro/smartphones work differently and this is in regards to your #2 question.

-press contacts
    -type first few letters of the person yu want to communicate with
    -at the bottom, its gives you an option to "message" that person or simply press the call button (center button)

let me know if these work out for you.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    the "outbox" means you have a message waiting to be sent or its in limbo cuz it cannot send it for whatever reason. usually if it does not go through, an error message/text will be follow.

the "sent" means that your message was sent to the person.

if your pix message isnt going through, you may want to contact your cellular carrier and have them check out your account, tell them that your pix messages arent going through.
    I know the answer to number 1.

Go into main contact list, press menu, go options then preferences and in there you can change how it lists contacts
    I jus got this today and I wanted to send my gf a picture.. I'm not entirely sure how MMS is diff from pix messaging as in the older phones.. but she did not receive my pictures.. in fact, when I sent them, the phone didnt show the sending message dialogue, but it jus saved them to the outbox. (Also, what is the difference between the outbox and the sent box?)

Thank you so muchh..
    Go back into your outbox and hid 'menu-R' to resend the message. Then make sure you hit the 'Send' button at the bottom to send it. It should display a bar indicating your upload progress.
    I kept pressing "done" instead of "send" and my messages didn't go out. You need to make sure you are pressing "send".
    One thing to remember is you have a full keyboard to input letters with. When you go your Contact list, pressing a single letter will bring up all the entries where the first or last name starts with that letter. So if you're looking for Becky, even though the entries are listed by last name, pressing 'B' will bring up all the entries where the first name begins with B, including Becky. It's really powerful and fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    One thing to remember is you have a full keyboard to input letters with. When you go your Contact list, pressing a single letter will bring up all the entries where the first or last name starts with that letter. So if you're looking for Becky, even though the entries are listed by last name, pressing 'B' will bring up all the entries where the first name begins with B, including Becky. It's really powerful and fast.
    It is indeed. First letter of first name, then start typing the last name and usually in three letters you've found the contact. (Most of the time just the initials will do it.)