1.    #1  
    My latest idea is to have 2 SD cards, one with Good and the other without. Once I install Good then I tried to get a backup of the image so that I can recover it without a full OTA reinstall .

With BackupBuddyVFS I can't backup the Credant XML database security files.

With Resco Backup I get a message the GoodFipsCrypto file is skipped. This file is also not backed up by BBVFS

When backing up from within Good, it stats with "Copying provisioning data", "Copying Goodlink" then I get a Backup failed message.

I tried changing the attribute bits on the FIPs file, but still can't get it backed up.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by swieder; 07/10/2008 at 11:02 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with Good 5 on Palm Treo 700p. Couldn't use the Good backup and had to deselect anything with fips or crypto in the filename, as they are always in use and backup buddy and rescoe don't like that. I think Good Defense is the problem there. So you are not alone. And with Good Defense you can't have scheduled backups or scheduled Handmark Express/On Demand updates or Epocrates scheduled updates, unless you unlocked the device within an hour. Ah, the not so Good life. Switching back to exchange server and Versamail soon. Not being able to backup Good to the SD card as we could with Good 4 is a major pain in the neck.
  3.    #3  
    I am using Good 4.x with a 3rd party security app.

The folks at Resco suggested running the backup program before starting Good. It worked. I got a complete backup of my Treo with no errors or files skipped. When I try to restore the image back to the Treo it also completes with no errors.

However, when I start Good I get a message GTIstartup error -2: Missing push location

Can someone from Good/Moto or elsewhere please let me know what this error message means and how to deal with it?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)