1.    #1  
    For some reason I lost my field labels in the Contacts. There is some garbage characters but the actual labels are gone.

The Desktop address book shows the labels just fine, and I even tried HotSync with desktop overwrites the handheld for the address book, but my labels still gone.

Any ideas?

Adam
    Is it only in Contacts that you have garbage characters?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Is it only in Contacts that you have garbage characters?
    Yes only in Contacts, and only in the field labels. I seem to have the odd Euro symbol and colons.

I did delete all the Addit files with Filez, but I don't think that has anything to do with the address book.

Adam
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Were you able to fix the problem you were having with your contact field labels disappearing? This just happened to me as well, and this thread was the only thing I found in the forums. What was the cause/solution??
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Just found the answer over at the Brighthand forum and thought I would post it here for posterity...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josser
    The copy of the Contacts app in NVFS flash is corrupted and you need to reload it from ROM.

Hotsync, Hardreset, Hotsync.
    ----
    Thanks. That's what must have happened. I fixed the problem by selectively restoring the four Contacts files with NVbackup from a few days ago. It seems the first backup after the firmware upgrade to 1.08 was corrupt so something must have happened during the upgrade.

Adam
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2