Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Ok, newbie here so don't be too hard on me.

Any way been lurking for a month trying to decide on a purchase but was going to put it off till next quarter to see what new WM devices were available and wouldn't you know it Mon morning my Moto phone decided to die.

Anyway had to catch a flight that afternoon so didn't have a lot of time to play with new centro, just catch my flight and play on the airplane a little.

So anyway have turned off things like BT to conserve battery and have figured out how to sync email and so far reading these post have really helped.

1 question I can't find an answer to even using search is how do you exit an internet/broadband session. I have searched this site and the palm help but really nothing telling me which button will end the session. So if you know the way please help.

Thanks,
    Welcome to the world of Palm! In order to exit or disconnect from data mode, go to "Prefs", then select "Network" under the Communications section and finally, tap "Disconnect" at the bottom of the screen. After a short lag, you will be disconnected from the web. I hope that this helps and good luck!
    JP

Palm Personal -> 2MB Upgrade -> Palm VX -> HE330 -> Clie N76C -> Palm Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P (VZ)
    or, you could install a tiny prog called "Networkdown" from metaviewsoft (do a Google search) I have it saved as one of the permanant shortcuts in the recent app popup list. On the Centro, I imagine you could assign as a favorite w/a shortcut key.
    Or try Powerhero. You can have different settings (to help save battery) for BT, Network, etc.

Edited to add the link for mcentreville's reply for Networkdown

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    I use Powerhero as well. You can set times for the network to turn off after non-use. I have mine set to five minutes. You can also set times for Bluetooth, IR and keyboard lights. Highly recommend it.
    Palm III > Palm IIIxe > Treo 650 > Centro <> Treo 680
    You may also try Hi-Launcher - you can put the "Network Toggle" item in its menu. Then you can popup this menu over any running application. It can have many other options apart from the "Network Toggle".
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Or try Powerhero. You can have different settings (to help save battery) for BT, Network, etc.

Edited to add the link for mcentreville's reply for Networkdown
    Thanks for covering for me, Delpita
    Quote Originally Posted by BlankReg View Post
    I use Powerhero as well. You can set times for the network to turn off after non-use. I have mine set to five minutes. You can also set times for Bluetooth, IR and keyboard lights. Highly recommend it.
    I decided to try out Powerhero myself, and bought it a day later. The battery on my 650 isn't holding the charge like it did when it was new, & Powerhero is cheaper than a replacement battery - lol
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Thanks for covering for me, Delpita
    No problemo........ you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours........ and you know how I like mine scratched.......... with smilies!!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p