Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Is it possible to get GOOD Mobile Messaging to play nicely with takephone?

I cant get it to report unread emails (not a killer and maybe just not possible?)- although clcking the takephone mail icon does open good email.

And takephone's searchs dont look in goods contacts (more of a problem- seems sometimes the palm os does look at good contacts though so maybe that's fixable?)

also calendar doesn't link up (what's weirder is takephone wont even make a link to the good replacemtn calendar in the i-bar, i had to create a shortcut in the normal dialer to it and aim the i-bar to that.

to tell you the truth even without all that i think I'm buying takephone and 4cast- the launcher bits with the weather plug in are like 90% of what I'm looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    Is it possible to get GOOD Mobile Messaging to play nicely with takephone?

I cant get it to report unread emails (not a killer and maybe just not possible?)- although clcking the takephone mail icon does open good email.

And takephone's searchs dont look in goods contacts (more of a problem- seems sometimes the palm os does look at good contacts though so maybe that's fixable?)

also calendar doesn't link up (what's weirder is takephone wont even make a link to the good replacemtn calendar in the i-bar, i had to create a shortcut in the normal dialer to it and aim the i-bar to that.

to tell you the truth even without all that i think I'm buying takephone and 4cast- the launcher bits with the weather plug in are like 90% of what I'm looking for.
    I realize this post is kind of old, but Shimon's reply here explains why it doesn't work. Not sure if anything has changed since then...
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    thanks for the pointer-

but you are right, it is a bit old. still might be the same but good is 2 major versions since that time and they are moving (slowly....)towards better integration into the devices native apps. winmo devices are ahead of palm os in that regard so still likely is impossible. but there seems to be the ability now with current versions for the palm to make some kind of api calls to good for contacts at least.

like I said I think I'm still going to buy it- I like the skins, speeddial, and ibar and 4cast plugin so much that I think its great for a "home page" alone.

(maybe there's a way to hide the find?)