Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've seen comments in the past from people that want Palm to offer a small Battery Charger for the CENTRO battery in the same form factor and simple functionality as the charger for the Treo.

I was on Palm's accessory site looking for some things and, lo and behold, staring at me was an image of the new CHARGER....looks to be designed just like the Treo version. (Unfortunately, it includes a "free" battery for $59.99...not so free, is it, since the Treo charger was $19.99 and the Centro battery is $39.99). Like the Treo version, it says this one doubles as a carry case too. Regardless, I think I'll get one.

Here's the link:
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Sorry, I thought it was common knowlege. I got mine 1 month ago since I had a Treo 700p and had the $20 Palm Treo charger and loved the simple design of it.

I got the new Palm Centro Battery charger before I even got my VZW Centro last month. The charger is as big as the Treo charger (apparently, the Centro charger can charge the Palm Extended Centro battery as well) and I have been using it among my 3 Centro batteries.

In fact, when I originally ordered it from Palm.com, the website did NOT mention that the Centro Battery charger came with a battery and not knowing that I ordered another spare battery. So now, I have 3 Centro batteries, but I also got one of those Cellet cradle and charge the 3rd battery at my office and swap them around.

Once I got the Palm Centro battery charger, then I understood why it cost $59....

It works like my old Palm Treo battery charger.

Quote Originally Posted by billtyler View Post
    I've seen comments in the past from people that want Palm to offer a small Battery Charger for the CENTRO battery in the same form factor and simple functionality as the charger for the Treo.

I was on Palm's accessory site looking for some things and, lo and behold, staring at me was an image of the new CHARGER....looks to be designed just like the Treo version. (Unfortunately, it includes a "free" battery for $59.99...not so free, is it, since the Treo charger was $19.99 and the Centro battery is $39.99). Like the Treo version, it says this one doubles as a carry case too. Regardless, I think I'll get one.

Here's the link:
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I hadn't noticed anything on the forum about it....so I thought I might have a "scoop". Oh well. Thanks, Kewl, for bringing me up to date and for the details about its size.
    You are right that Treocentral did not post it as a story, but I stumbled upon it on the Palm.com website when ordering accessories for the Centro. Works as advertised...

Quote Originally Posted by billtyler View Post
    I hadn't noticed anything on the forum about it....so I thought I might have a "scoop". Oh well. Thanks, Kewl, for bringing me up to date and for the details about its size.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Here... I fixed the title for you

Palm has a new Over Priced Centro Battery Charger like the one for the Treo!
    Really, the $20 charger is overpriced? I guess I thought it was convenient to hold your spare battery and plug it in with your existing AC adaptor. Granted for $59, you are paying for both the battery and charger but I got when with my special coupon code and got some discount off (I forgot which one I used, but you can google for palm.com coupon codes) and also got free shipping. Unfortunately, I still had to pay sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    Here... I fixed the title for you

Palm has a new Over Priced Centro Battery Charger like the one for the Treo!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I clicked the link.. saw $59.99 and bailed out
    $59.99 Palm Centro battery charger includes a spare battery (spare battery $39.99 from Palm and $19.99 is the cost of the charger).

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    uhhh yeah.. and I get can a battery and charger off ebay mo' cheaper
    True, but is the battery charger the same design where it doubles as a spare battery case as well? Well, for me it was a must and actually with discounts with coupon codes, it was definitely less that the $60....

Anyhow, so far, how you like the Centro. I have been very happy with the Centro....definitely much better than my Treo 700p out of the box.

uhhh yeah.. and I get can a battery and charger off ebay mo' cheaper
    Well, guess what, the Palm Centro Battery Charger with included spare Centro battery is now ON SALE for $39.99 (originally priced @ $59.99)

Check out the Palm.com accessories link:

Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Well, guess what, the Palm Centro Battery Charger with included spare Centro battery is now ON SALE for $39.99 (originally priced @ $59.99)

Check out the Palm.com accessories link:
    man I just started a thread on this before i saw this thread....i already have 3 centro batteries so don't need the battery which is probably the bulk of the cost for this...any way i can just order the casing? i would love 2 of the cases to charge my spare batteries in
    i see this: http://store.palm.com/product/index....family#featBen

but it doesn't list the centro as compatible...i would hate to spend almost 3 times as much to get the case i need and get another battery which i don't need...
    Quote Originally Posted by twodaparty View Post
    i see this: http://store.palm.com/product/index....family#featBen

but it doesn't list the centro as compatible...i would hate to spend almost 3 times as much to get the case i need and get another battery which i don't need...
    This will not work. I have one of these for my older Treo's. The new one does come with the battery and I doubt you are going to see one without the battery included. You can always try to ebay the batteries you don't want anymore.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS