1.    #1  
    Any idea why this would happen? I have two ringtones installed, but work fine as ringtones. BUT - when I do the trick where you add a favorites button with a custom ringtone, it never works. Just plays the default ringtone.

Any ideas? I've entered the number with and without dashes, with a "1" ... nothing works.
    On the Treo 650, only midi tones work with favorites button.

For MP3 ringtones, better use 'CallBlock Ringtones', the tones stay on the card.
    have you ever had this work yet for you? You don't show what network you are with. I can tell you that Verizon does not allow the assigning of a special ringtone to contacts, even using the Favorite's Button. I am with Sprint and they do allow it.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  4.    #4  
    I'm on Verizon. The place to enter the custom ringtone in the Fav buttons is there, it just apparently does nothing. Weird.
  5.    #5  
    The ringtone works - just won't let me use it in a FAV button.

Check out How do I assign individual ringtones on my Treo 650? in that link (towards the bottom)
    Quote Originally Posted by w@ntonsoup View Post
    I'm on Verizon. The place to enter the custom ringtone in the Fav buttons is there, it just apparently does nothing. Weird.
    Correct, the place is there, but nothing happens, right? I have several friends with treos on Verizon and I have tried many times showing them how to assign ringers in the Favorites buttons, it does not work on Verizon.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.