1.    #1  
    Does anybody know if its possible to replace a 680 screen with one out of a 600?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    I don't think so... since the screen resolution is different (320x320 vs 160x160).
    3Com PalmPilot Personal > Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm Tungsten T > PalmOne Tungsten T5 > PalmOne Treo650

Current Device: Palm Treo 680 w/1.12 Cust1 ROM, 4GB SDHC, GlobalSAT GPS Receiver
    Nope screen res is diff

You can't even switch a 650 to 680 ... the LCD works, but the digitizre is diff.
  4.    #4  
    Well crap. I guess in that case I need to find a broken 680 that I can yank the screen out of, because I really dont want to spend $200 to send my 680 to Palm to get it fixed. Anybody got one laying around? lol
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    ebay has some pretty cheap screens. Its a real easy swap. i replaced my digitizer for less than $20
  6.    #6  
    thats good to know. did you find instructions online or is it pretty obvious how to switch out the screen?
    there is a video on you tube. google search "treo screen replacement" The youtube for a 650 will show up, also if you click google shoping at the top, there are stores that sell screens.

When you do it, be 100% sure the mic and speaker are put back together properly

BTW, did you break your screen or digitizer, or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by robhurlburt View Post
    there is a video on you tube. google search "treo screen replacement" The youtube for a 650 will show up, also if you click google shoping at the top, there are stores that sell screens.

When you do it, be 100% sure the mic and speaker are put back together properly

Checkout this page, it contains a replacement screen etc for $69, plus a couple of Youtube video's ahowing how to do it.

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...ory_Code=_TREO
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by robhurlburt View Post
    I'm not sure. My husband was using it since i got my centro. He had it in his pocket and when he went to take his jacket off and whoosh it fell out of his pocket and landed screen down. It'd fallen before but unfortuntunately landed just the right way this time. I'm thinking its the digitizer because the actual screen screen doesn't look cracked, but there's a big black splotchy thing on the screen that pretty much takes up the entire screen.
    when if there is a big black blotchy thing, then you cracked your screen. If you could still use your screen, but it was cracked and the touch didn't work, then you cracked the digitizer. Replacing the screen costs more, but is easier
    The 680 and the 750 use the same screen. The 650 uses the same DIGITIZER, but the screen is different. Replacement screens are available on ebay for $79. Look for my directions on how to test as you re-assemble your Treo 680 for a screen replacement. You might also look for a replacement case and make it virtually a brand new Treo for about $100.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
  12.    #12  
    Thats good to know, thanks.
    Keep hittin' eBay for DOA or broken 680s. Never bad to keep another carcase around anyway. Might need something else.
    Patrick Horne
    I have a few "dead" Treo 680's from ebay, to keep my Family going. I have 2 680's and my wife has one. I have given up on keeping my old 650 running.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?
    I have a treo 680 that has a bad charging port and only charges from my computer and it is slow anf lags but the screen and digitizer is good to go. I went back to my 650 cause it works better until I can buy a 750 or better. In other words I will let this go for the screen, digitizer and parts for a little something. Other than the charging port and the slowness everything works but not good enough for me. I also have a 4gb card and an 8gb card with full length moveis sold seperately of course. all interested part can contact me at ronnie484@yahoo.com happy to negotiate for my palm people