1.    #1  
    Has anyone found out when the sprint update might be coming? and what it may fix or change?

Verizon wireless has the update and sprint is the same type of network (CDMA) y cant we have it?

if anyone has any ideas or opinions on what the update might do(and can do )?
    Last edited by pantoja09; 07/07/2008 at 11:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    On another forum, I read that the Palm update is supposed to be coming in mid-July. As I recall, the poster said that the source of the information is reliable, but I don't know if there's been anything publicly announced besides "summer". As for what it will do/fix, I think there was an article here on TreoCentral about that. You might have to look in news archives for it though; I think it was posted a few weeks ago. I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Hopefully they are taking their time with the update to possibly add aGPS, A2DP and maybe Rev A. Heck, I will wait for that only IF they do deliver it. Hopefully with the release of the 800w with all those feature will open the floodgates. With over 1 million units for Sprint out there, they could really make some money with tacking on Sprint Navigator for $10/mon. Do the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    Hopefully they are taking their time with the update to possibly add aGPS, A2DP and maybe Rev A. Heck, I will wait for that only IF they do deliver it. Hopefully with the release of the 800w with all those feature will open the floodgates. With over 1 million units for Sprint out there, they could really make some money with tacking on Sprint Navigator for $10/mon. Do the math.
    LOL your dreaming WAY big there... none of that stuff will happen because the phones hardware does not support any of it...(A2DP it does support but you need softick audio gateway) Rev A and aGPS will never happen on the Centro. And I use BT GPS, its much better than Sprint Navigator with no monthly fee
    Doesn't the new updated Mobile Google Maps for the Centro (at least for VZW and AT&T and Unlocked GSM Centro) utilizes the Centro aGPS for the "My Location" feature? Well, I guess user access to aGPS is still off-limits for us but at least Palm updated the firmware for the AT&T, VZW, unlocked Centro to allow Google Maps to utilize the aGPS for the "My Location" service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Doesn't the new updated Mobile Google Maps for the Centro (at least for VZW and AT&T and Unlocked GSM Centro) utilizes the Centro aGPS for the "My Location" feature? Well, I guess user access to aGPS is still off-limits for us but at least Palm updated the firmware for the AT&T, VZW, unlocked Centro to allow Google Maps to utilize the aGPS for the "My Location" service.
    I don't believe Google maps is using aGPS on the ATT or VZ Centros. Pretty sure it is all tower based. What was unlocked was an API that allowed Google maps to know what tower the phone was using and which ones were around.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantoja09 View Post
    Verizon wireless has the update
    what update do you speak of? there is no VZW update out as the Centro just came out.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    LOL your dreaming WAY big there... none of that stuff will happen because the phones hardware does not support any of it...(A2DP it does support but you need softick audio gateway) Rev A and aGPS will never happen on the Centro. And I use BT GPS, its much better than Sprint Navigator with no monthly fee
    I have a Red Sprint Centro and it does support Rev.A I had to turn it on.

Code to get to it is ##PREV#
    Quote Originally Posted by rinoaa52r View Post
    I have a Red Sprint Centro and it does support Rev.A I had to turn it on.

Code to get to it is ##PREV#
    hmm....i tried typing that into my sprint centro and it gives me 5 choices. currently P_REV 6 (cdma2000 Rel 0) is highlighted. the choice below it reads P_REV 7 (cdma2000 Rel A)....will i screw up my phone if i select and save the Rel A choice? anyone try this? thanks!!
  10.    #11  
    Does it actually work? if it does that would be awesome anyone willing to try?

if so let us know if it is rev A
    I tried selecting Rev A, but it asks for a Master Subsidy Lock code (6 digits)

Any ideas??
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JsanchezCPA View Post
    I tried selecting Rev A, but it asks for a Master Subsidy Lock code (6 digits)

Any ideas??
    I have a Sprint Centro and the same thing happens for me. It appears that there is some form of update available on the device, but that it requires a code to change the mobile protocol revision used, at least for going up to the P_REV 7 (cdma2000 Rel A). Is this something we need now? Or do you think the upcoming Sprint Centro update will handle this change for us? What's the best way of getting the MSL code if we do need to have and use it? Thanks for your help.
    humm. I wonder who will be the first to try to force this? Would sprint be kind enough to give the code to at least test if it works?
    That has been covered a few times already... It is only 1X Rev A NOT EVDO Rev A.
    You can get the MSL code by calling customer service. It is different on every phone.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    the update is out. I already have it. here ya go guys.
    Source: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html

This software update is a tune-up that improves email, IM, and general device usability under certain conditions.

The Sprint PalmŪ Centro™ software update 1.07 offers the following performance enhancements:
    Improved Gmail IMAP compatibility and an updated setup wizard with the new Gmail settings
    Updated compatibility for Google Mobile Maps My Location feature to approximate your current location – great for directions, finding nearby restaurants or business, or checking local traffic.1
    Improved ongoing delivery of email sent to VersaMail accounts using Microsoft's Direct Push Technology via Exchange ActiveSync
    Bluetooth usability enhancements and updates
    Sprint TV performance enhancements2
    Enhanced AOL Instant Messenger performance
    Improved performance when adding a contact using Mobile Voice Control
    Improved email attachment handling
    Changed default camera shutter sound to “ON.” Audible shutter “click” will be heard when taking photos
    Allows Preferred Roaming List updates over the air
    1 - Location is an approximation based on digital towers and is not GPS. You will need to download the latest Google Mobile Maps version to your phone after installing the Centro software update. Within wireless coverage area only. Messaging, email, and web require data services from a mobile service provider at an additional cost. Google Maps for Mobile may not be available for certain areas. Please see Google Mobile Maps for more details.

2 - Sprint TV is available within wireless coverage area only. Requires data service at additional cost. Additional fees required for some services.

Now, if anyone knows exactly what:
    Bluetooth usability enhancements and updates
    or
    Improved performance when adding a contact using Mobile Voice Control

are and if:
    Updated compatibility for Google Mobile Maps My Location feature to approximate your current location – great for directions, finding nearby restaurants or business, or checking local traffic.
    is possibly agps,
    please let us know.
    Also, on my centro i have yet for:
    Allows Preferred Roaming List updates over the air
    to actually work. it says its updating everytime i dial *2. Ive turned the phone off and on with the red and green buttons. Ive also tried a soft reset, it still does the update every time.
    Last edited by grantkesslerjr; 07/31/2008 at 01:48 AM.