1.    #1  
    Does ##LOCATION work? (or *#*LOCATION)

For A-GPS.. after loading google maps "My location" or before.?

thanks
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Works for me on my Centro
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Interesting. I didn't know about that. ##location then dial did bring up a screen of information on my Sprint Centro. However, it was all zeros, probably because Sprint Centros haven't yet received the necessary updates to make MyLocation in Google Maps work.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    all zeros on vz too inside a building.

google maps location does work on the vz but it seems to only pick a nearby tower and not give you precise locale.

I havne't had it long enough to lit it sit outside for a while and see if it gets more accurate...
    sprint Centro and 755 both display all zeros here
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    tried for like an hour today in the car on way to airport. left centro on dash and still no numbers the whole time. what's interesting is that google got MUCH more accurate after 15 or 20 minutes- like it was within a couple hundred feet consistantly.

my guess is verizon (and I guess others) are not passing the assistance info to the phone. spent about 6 months on a winmo mogul (long story)- and what I learned from that is the gps has limits in phones in that it needs 15-20 minutes to lock onto gps signal to get all the info needed to be acurate. the assisted bit means the cell provider passes some of the info to the phone to cut that down to a minute or 2. when the hackers first enabled the gps in the mogul it had the lags- later they got the ip addy for sprints helper and sprint moguls fire gps up quick. vzs helper server wasn't yet discovered so those moguls are slow.

I GUESS the ## code would return real info when the helper info is passed.

next time someone calls 911 to report an acident try the ## code after and see what happens. I wonder if they feed the phone the info for 911 calls because if they use the same location info google has without it many times they are MILES off for me.
    This is kinda cool if it did work.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    the more i play the more I am certain the google is not tapped into the legally required location info for e911. many times I'm not located inside tehblue cirlce that google says i am. If I recall e911 rules require like proximaty of a few hundred feet or maybe meters. At times the blue cuircle says 5000 meters and I'm still not even in it- that's certainly not legal for e911 use. So verizon and palm have better info when they need it.