Hi everyone,

This week I bought my first Treo -- the Centro (thru Verizon) for my wife. Her email is through .Mac. It is not a business/corporate account. No Microsoft Exchange, no Outlook. She uses a Mac at home.

I set the Centro to retrieve her emails every 15 minutes. From what I understand, this will strain the battery. Is there any Palm software that pushes IMAP emails to the device?

Thanks so much for helping this newbie out!
    Try ChatterEmail from Palm. It works great for me!
    http://www.palm.com/us/software/chatteremail/
    Kyo 6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Centro -> (?)
    LOVE Chatter!
    Does it work for hotmail?
    No.
    Nor does it work for Exchange 07. I had Chatter for 3 years and loved it, until my office upgraded their Exchange Server.
    Chatter is the best for IMAP push. The only req is the server has to support the IMAP IDLE command. Chatter does work with Exchange but with certain limitations. I think the big kicker is Exchange with OWA.
    Quote Originally Posted by joew View Post
    Hi everyone,

I set the Centro to retrieve her emails every 15 minutes. From what I understand, this will strain the battery. Is there any Palm software that pushes IMAP emails to the device?
    Chattermail is very good. However it will drain your battery even faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    Chattermail is very good. However it will drain your battery even faster.
    I seriously doubt it drains it as fast as polling a POP account that frequently. Especially, if you have the power saving options enabled that are only available for IMAP accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    Try ChatterEmail from Palm. It works great for me!
    http://www.palm.com/us/software/chatteremail/
    Terrific! Thanks for the quick response. I'll try the Trial Version and see how it does on the battery.