Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. joew's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
       #1  
    Hi everyone,

    This week I bought my first Treo -- the Centro (thru Verizon) for my wife. Her email is through .Mac. It is not a business/corporate account. No Microsoft Exchange, no Outlook. She uses a Mac at home.

    I set the Centro to retrieve her emails every 15 minutes. From what I understand, this will strain the battery. Is there any Palm software that pushes IMAP emails to the device?

    Thanks so much for helping this newbie out!
  2. #2  
    Try ChatterEmail from Palm. It works great for me!
    http://www.palm.com/us/software/chatteremail/
    Kyo 6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Centro -> (?)
  3. #3  
    LOVE Chatter!
  4. #4  
    Does it work for hotmail?
  5. #5  
    No.
  6. #6  
    Nor does it work for Exchange 07. I had Chatter for 3 years and loved it, until my office upgraded their Exchange Server.
  7. #7  
    Chatter is the best for IMAP push. The only req is the server has to support the IMAP IDLE command. Chatter does work with Exchange but with certain limitations. I think the big kicker is Exchange with OWA.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by joew View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I set the Centro to retrieve her emails every 15 minutes. From what I understand, this will strain the battery. Is there any Palm software that pushes IMAP emails to the device?
    Chattermail is very good. However it will drain your battery even faster.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    Chattermail is very good. However it will drain your battery even faster.
    I seriously doubt it drains it as fast as polling a POP account that frequently. Especially, if you have the power saving options enabled that are only available for IMAP accounts.
  10. joew's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer View Post
    Try ChatterEmail from Palm. It works great for me!
    http://www.palm.com/us/software/chatteremail/
    Terrific! Thanks for the quick response. I'll try the Trial Version and see how it does on the battery.

Posting Permissions