1.    #1  
    Well after 13 years of PalmOS I am leaving PalmOS for the "Light" in 5 days.

There have been far too many dropped calls, disconnected networks, and no international service for me to continue- Not to mention the random crashes, and hours of Sprint support calls with no solutions.

Good luck Palm, good luck to all those who believe.

Out
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Whats the "Light"? Blackberry?

I keep getting tempted myself, but dont like reaching down into subfolders to launch applications.

I just read that Palm hired the Helio and Sidekick designers so I expect good things from them (and software compatibility) with the new version in First quarter 2009.

In the meantime Sprint upgraded my 700P to new 755 - just waiting for it to come in. Or at least I would switch to the Android software when it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by mwinner View Post
    Well after 13 years of PalmOS I am leaving PalmOS for the "Light" in 5 days.

There have been far too many dropped calls, disconnected networks, and no international service for me to continue- Not to mention the random crashes, and hours of Sprint support calls with no solutions.

Good luck Palm, good luck to all those who believe.

Out
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Wow, 13 years? So you must've been a Palm employee from the early days!

Keep in mind, the original Pilot just hit retail in March/April 1996...just havin' some fun with you (as a fellow user since the original Pilot 1000 of '96!)

I have this sneaking suspicion that my current VZW 755p will be my final Palm OS device...but I've been saying that for almost a half-decade now! First the T3 drove me nuts, then the T5, then the LifeDrive, then the 700p and now the 755p. I just cannot be bothered to invest the time, money, and patience in learning a new OS/UI/platform and migrate my substantial collection of Palm OS PIM data + apps to another platform unless it just becomes unbearable.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    I'm only about a 7 year palm user, but this 700p is my last-- what a buggy piece of trash. I've had 6 or 7 with hardware and/or firmware malfunctions; at least Verizon is willing to send me new ones.

Estroh, I would guess he's talking about iphone in 5 days. I wonder why Palm didn't hire helio and sidekick designers 2 or 3 years ago when their current designs went stale?