1.    #1  
    Can any clarification be made as to why the software is priced differently on different sites? For instance, on the Softonic site, DBP is priced at $1.99. On GX-5.com, DBP is priced at $7.50, and on Softpedia and Tamspalm, UP is priced at $19.99.

Now I understand that UP may do more than DBP, but there is a $6 difference between 2 sites for DBP. What are the difference?
    Last edited by RenaC; 07/06/2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Spelling error: I meant "What are the differences?"
    Some sites just price it differently. As a former user of DBP and UP and a current user of TakePhone, I would strongly suggest you look at TakePhone before you spend the money on DBP or UP. It is a better program and is actually being supported.
    I recommend TAKEphONE too. Not only is it an awesome app, but the developer is VERY active in the forums, and always open to suggestions and/or advice. Browse through the forums, and you'll see quite a few threads about TAKEphONE and can find all kinds of help from other members who use it.

As you can tell by my signature, I have all of Shimon's apps because he is a GREAT developer!!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Yup, I agree with cavingjan and Del.

BTW, I have 8 licenses for Shimon's apps. TakePhone, 2Day, 2Dial and 4Cast on two Palm phones.

Quote Originally Posted by RenaC View Post
    Can any clarification be made as to why the software is priced differently on different sites? For instance, on the Softonic site, DBP is priced at $1.99. On GX-5.com, DBP is priced at $7.50, and on Softpedia and Tamspalm, UP is priced at $19.99.

Now I understand that UP may do more than DBP, but there is a $6 difference between 2 sites for DBP. What are the difference?
    I was once puzzled by the differences in price as well. Guess it depends on how effective a site is in negotiating with GX5. I used DBP prior to the release of UP and decided to switch when they upgraded, as I had a problem with a developer removing features I already paid for, change the name of the app, and ask me to pay more to get those features back. That's when I tried Takephone and haven't used DBP since. I do keep my license since I did pay for it but probably will never use it again.

Given Shimon provides a full 30 trial its worth trying his product. I almost guarantee you'll find everything that DBP does and more. There are at least 2 features in TP that I requested and they were added. To me that's what makes Shimon a special developer.
  6.    #6  
    I just figured out that DPB software on Softonic's site is not $1.99. The $1.99 refers to the price that Softonic charges for downloading the trial from them. The free downloads are from external links.

But who would pay $1.99 to download a trial that can be downloaded for free?