1.    #1  
    Z Launcher does not run. I installed every theme that came with it, and every time I try to run it, it keeps telling me no themes are available. I tried moving the files from my card to the phone, and I got the same error message. I've given up trying to figure it out. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    I don't use ZLauncher so take this with a grain of salt. I remember reading about a theme that would not allow the showing of any themes if it was present on the treo. I recall seeing something about it in the last month or so. Maybe that can point you in the right direction.
    ZLauncher can take some time to figure out and get used to, but it is worth it, IMHO.

Read through this, or here and it may help. Also, read through the manual.

Also, for skins, read here.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
  4.    #4  
    I read the manual, I installed the program and the theme to RAM, still doesn't work....
  5.    #5  
    The theme the program was asking for did not work. Had to try another one. Thanks for all of you guy's help!
  6.    #6  
    I got the app to work, cannot put image in background despite careful reading of instructions. Doesn't look like what I've seen in screen caps, either. So, I'll just stick with TouchLauncher. ZLauncher = too many steps, too much complication and after fooling with it for the last 2 hours, I don't have enough patience!
    You are making it harder than it needs to be. Your background pictures need to be in /PALM/Programs/ZLauncher/BackImage.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You are making it harder than it needs to be. Your background pictures need to be in /PALM/Programs/ZLauncher/BackImage.
    and it still doesn't work.
    Do you have pnoJpeglib or jpeglib.prc installed in main memory?
  10.    #10  
    I checked for that. But I uninstalled ZLauncher in favor of another program I can't get to work properly - Treo Launcher.

Maybe I need to just give up. The solutions that work for everyone else don't work for me no matter how many times I do it and how carefully I read and follow the instructions.

I'm just stuck with TouchLauncher.
    You'd want to install the files as JPEG files. Then the easiest solution is to go to the menu option Theme Manager. Select the Background tab in the new form that opens, Here you will see a list of the jpg files you placed in the directory "bclinger" referenced. Select one and click select. A dialog should appear asking you which tab to select it for. Choose the tab (each tab can have it's own) or select the "all tabs" option at the bottom of the list (may have to scroll to see it depending upon number of categories). Close out of this form and you should then have a background.

You are right in that ZLauncher does require a lot of tweaking, however one of the beautiful things about the program is that once you have a layout you think you like, you can save it as a profile and then continue experimenting. There are even some profiles available in the distribution archive found on zztechs.com.
    Regards,
    bh

Tungsten E, CLIE TJ27, TX, CLIE TH55 E2, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro