Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I'd like to set up my Centro so that it can sync both ways with my Google calendar account. Contacts, Tasks and Memos would be good but not essential. A wireless option would be good too.

I see that there's both Companion Link and Goosync available and probably others I haven't considered yet, but which is the easiest and most reliable?

I have around 8 yrs of calendar info and don't want to delete that off my Centro, if that makes any difference.

Opinions and advice please!
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urban75 View Post
    I'd like to set up my Centro so that it can sync both ways with my Google calendar account. Contacts, Tasks and Memos would be good but not essential. A wireless option would be good too.

I see that there's both Companion Link and Goosync available and probably others I haven't considered yet, but which is the easiest and most reliable?

I have around 8 yrs of calendar info and don't want to delete that off my Centro, if that makes any difference.

Opinions and advice please!
    I've tried both (on a 650, not a centro). Neither worked for me. Goosync had better features, but it would take up to 3 minutes to sync. Could never get CL to work at all.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat. I just migrated from Palm Desktop to Outlook (more comfortable keeping calendar in an industry standard exportable format). I tried the Google Outlook Calendar sync, but it doesn't seem to bring everything over...maybe 80%?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    The problem seems to be mostly with repeating events...any ideas?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Have you tried Google's Calendar Sync? I use that to keep my Google calendar synced to Outlook. You can have it either one-way sync, or bi-directional. I have mine set to have Outlook update my Google calendar (one-way). That won't help with contacts, tasks, etc., but it seems to do calendar well.
    GooSync works nicely on my 680. I then can use the Provider for Google Calendar addon for Lightning to intergrate that into my Thunderbird/Lightning email/calendar on my linux boxes.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    @Gearhead - clearly you didn't read my post that said I DID try Google Calendar Sync, and it DIDN'T work. Not all of my events move over.

@Jaytee - GooSync is limited and even the paid version only allows appointments 365 days in advance. I don't understand why you can't sync a whole calendar - even my database of 20,000 appointments is only 12MB.
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    @Gearhead - clearly you didn't read my post that said I DID try Google Calendar Sync, and it DIDN'T work. Not all of my events move over.

@Jaytee - GooSync is limited and even the paid version only allows appointments 365 days in advance. I don't understand why you can't sync a whole calendar - even my database of 20,000 appointments is only 12MB.
    You are right. It will only do +/- 1 year sync to goggle calendar. It also has some difficulty syncing large amounts of data in that it will drop the connection if the transfer lasts too long.

Google calendar will import a calendar though, so you could export your existing calendar from the treo, import it onto the goggle calendar, and then use goosync to keep the latest, smaller amount of information, up to date.