1.    #1  
    Hello... after being so sick of windows mobile and the htc touch I bought a 755p last week on ebay. ESN works fine, and it says only 600-some minutes used, but the phone looks very beat up, and it was advertised as like new and only one month old. I looked at the "warranty date" when you press ##786# and it says 7-30-2007. I am thinking I may have just gotten a phone that was heavily used and had low minutes so they thought it would slide by. I know its a little nit picky of me but I really would have rather just paid $50 more for one that really is in like new condition. so did i really just get an old phone? thanks for any advice
    Personally, if I had bought a phone on ebay advertised "As brand new" and it came in like you said "beat up" condition - I would be contacting the seller to return it. If that got no resolve, I hope you paid by Paypal, as you can place a claim for your money back since it is not in the advertised condition. It matters little how old it is if it is beat up. There are lots of 755's on ebay, I personally stay away from the electronic refurbisher sellers, and try to find an individual selling their phone, with lots of photos. Good luck
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    hmmm, I replied to this early this morning, but now the reply is gone?

Anyway, did you pay for the phone with Paypal by any chance? If it were me and I purchased anything on ebay that was advertised as "like brand new" and came to me looking beat up, I would be contacting the seller to return it for a full refund (plus shipping). If that didn't resolve it, you could place a claim with paypal for a refund as the condition was not as stated.

Good luck
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I have a 755p that has been for sale in the Marketplace section for a long time.

Condition is basically like new.

Getting money from ebay usually is not easy, even if you have a valid claim.
    There is an application somewhere out there called jaPalmMade. PM me if you cannot find it.
  6.    #6  
    one other thing I was going to add is that the down button is a little harder to push than the up button - is this normal? it looks like it may be because the way its shaped, or is this just a dirty phone? i'm gonna try that palmmade prog when i get home - thanks
    The dpad on a good conditioned 755p should be pretty similar in all directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I have a 755p that has been for sale in the Marketplace section for a long time.

Condition is basically like new.

Getting money from ebay usually is not easy, even if you have a valid claim.
    Getting money from eBay/PayPal isn't all that hard. I've been using eBay for over 10 years, and have filed complaints as a buyer, and had complaints filed against me as a seller. What really frosted me about the selling complaints is that I sent the item, it was recevied, and then the buyer files a PayPal complaint. They didn't send the item back, I faxed PayPal the reciept of shipping and pictures, and they still found for the buyer. That has happened to me three times. I thing that if you paid via PayPal, and filed a complaint against the seller, you will most likely get your money back. The times I have filed as a buyer, mostly for non-delivery or damaged goods, I have gotten my money back from the seller with no problems.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Getting money back when paying with paypal is totally different than if you didnt.

I had to argue for 3 months plus a complaint to the BBB to get the $175 refund (less than 10% of the item cost) from ebay when the seller had multiple other auctions of the same item that he never sent at the same timeframe (all confirmed by the buyers).
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Getting money back when paying with paypal is totally different than if you didnt.

I had to argue for 3 months plus a complaint to the BBB to get the $175 refund (less than 10% of the item cost) from ebay when the seller had multiple other auctions of the same item that he never sent at the same timeframe (all confirmed by the buyers).

I agree totally that it is much easier if you use PayPal. Another option, if you don't use PayPal, is to pay with Visa or Mastercard, and then contest the charges on your statement. It is really sad that eBay makes it so hard, but I think they do so to make people use PayPal (which they own).

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbahoo View Post
    one other thing I was going to add is that the down button is a little harder to push than the up button - is this normal? it looks like it may be because the way its shaped, or is this just a dirty phone? i'm gonna try that palmmade prog when i get home - thanks

Chances are there is a problem with it. All directions of travel should take the same force.

right, that's why I asked him if he used Paypal. I too have had to file claims with paypal several times over bad items, dead items, etc and each time I got my full money plus shipping refunded; pretty quickly too. One time the seller said to just keep the item - nice.

Guess we have to wait to see if he replies about how he paid.