1.    #1  
    Has anyone put the new VZW 755P update on a 700P successfully?
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    hey its a holiday..someone who doesn't have to work try this please
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    hi we're currently working on a solution over @ Mytreo. we'll keep you informed. currently we're waiting to see if Kocoman (who was able to do it for the sprint release) will be able to help us. However, as I am sure you probably are aware, Verizon locks many features in their phones. The most obvious lock in the treo is the Network, but there may be some that will cause us issues in placing the 755 ROM in the 700p. more later as we work.
    with love
    MiDoJo
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    good news let us know
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    What is to be gained by installing 755p firmware on a 700p? I recall reading in another thread that instant messaging would not work on a 700p. So, what will work that would constitute a reason to change?
    I've had no lockups/freezes after installing the 755 fw: phone is MUCH more stable-ALMOST perfectly so.
    Is it possible that the improved stability came from the cleanup that naturall y comes with a hard reset, and not from the change in firmware? I.e., have you tried returning to the 700p-1.10 firmware and seen that the instability returned? Are there any actual feature improvements gained by the switch?
    george...possible, but no, I haven't gone back.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyShawn View Post
    I've had no lockups/freezes after installing the 755 fw: phone is MUCH more stable-ALMOST perfectly so.
    @Shawn are you saying you Upgraded a VZW 700p to VZW 755?
    if so please post your patch package (in the same way kocoman posted his) or I can set up a dummy e-mail for you to send it to and I'll post it.

Treocentral doesn't tell us the phone a carrier of users (at least directly in the forum) so I'm not sure if you are a VZW user or a Sprint user who successfully did it. Or a VZW user who used Kocoman's Sprint Patch (which btw for those who don't know locks you out of Network and MMS)

@George Part of our experiment in doing this is to see if we Verizon users get a better phone (Stability and programs)

Also @George please tell me that you meant 700p_-1.10-VZW and not 700p-1.10-VZW which is a badly flawed MR
    Still Waiting on Kocoman, if anyone knows him or is affiliated with a site that he is currently more active on Please get him in on this I'll even call him in the Real World if that's what he wants.
    Sorry, I'm a Sprint user, so mine says 700p-1.10-SPNT. I know, technicaly I'm posting in the wrong place, but I figured the answer to my question was valid in any case. What benefit can I expect from the 755 rom on the 700p hardware?
    me too...i'm on sprint...sorry for any confusion there.