Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The Sprint signal in our house is fairly weak (2 bars of strength on my 700p) and the nearest roaming tower offers a better signal (about 4 bars). When in my home office, I can keep a Sprint signal very consistently. When I walk through certain areas of the house, though, the phone switches over to roaming. Problem is that when roaming my incoming calls tend to go straight to voice mail rather than ringing.

Another issue cropped up yesterday when I went to make a call while the phone was roaming and when the phone tried to dial out I got a message from Revol saying that in order to access their network I needed to set up an account. I was in range of a Sprint tower, but I couldn't get the phone to switch back to the Sprint network without powering down and starting over.

Is there a quick way to switch from roaming to Sprint network? I have had trouble getting the phone to switch to Sprint when it is roaming, and turning off the phone and re-starting is a pain.

Any suggestions?
    In phone options, go to roaming preferences. There you can select "Allow roaming" for it to connect to roaming networks when it can't find a home network, "Home networks only" to disable roaming, which is what you want, or "Roaming networks only" to have it always connect to a roaming tower. It should update a few seconds after you hit 'ok'.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thanks. That is what I have been trying, but it seems to be inconsistent in getting the phone to pick up a Sprint tower. Plus, it is a pain to go through all of the steps to get to the roaming preferences.

Seems like there is potential for a programmer to develop a utility to quickly access the roaming preferences.
    Well, this isn't what you seek, but you can hit the menu key, then "r" to bring up the roaming menu when you are in the phone app. About half the time, though, it seems like my selection doesn't "take" and I have to do it again.