1.    #1  
    Thought it would be nice to start a thread JUST for tips & tricks, especially for new users. Please note: This is NOT intended to be a replacement for reading the manual(s)!!

Here are some I've gleaned from here, my own experience, and Shimon's posts over at MTDN.

1) iBar internet search. Create a new i-bar shortcut. Put 'Tip6' in as the number (make sure you put in the apostrophes), label it anything you want under the name, and this will take you straight to the internet search page within TAKEphONE (same as pressing menu-i).
    (Disclaimer: Doesn't seem to work from ibar in 2Day, and although you can create a launcher shortcut that will take you to the internet search screen from your launcher, you can't cancel out of it once it's launched).

2) Want DTMF tones in TAKEphONE? Hotsync the file "DTMF Wav Files" to main memory, found here.

3) if you're short on memory, you can always hotsync the ibar icon files to main memory, add the icons you want, and then move the icon file(s) to your memory card (using Filez or similar utility). The icons will still show on your i-bar.

4) While you're in the "Edit i-bar entry" screen, select "Create Launcher Shortcut." This will create a link to your app on the card, and you'll be able to organize the links in whichever category you want in your launcher (not limited to "card").

5) If you do #4 above with a contact rather than an application, you'll be able to launch a phone call directly from your launcher.
    Suggestion: Put 'Prompt...' in for the number, rather than the phone number itself, if you don't want unintended phone calls initiated from accidentally brushing the screen.

6) In the "FreeStuff" subdirectory within the 2day ZIP file, there are small shortcut utilities for creating a meeting, task and reminder. Works from your launcher, or create a shortcut on your ibar.

Okay, anybody else have anything to add?
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Nice thread mcentreville!

The only tip I can think of at the moment, (although, not really a tip, just a helpful suggestion) is to read through this thread: New skins for TAKEphONE 7.00 (and a skin creation kit). Yes, it has ALOT of posts, but, it also has GREAT skins to download!!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I'm new to TAKEphONE, so no tips from me yet other than check out the 39 page .pdf doc file in the .zip download for TAKEphONE. I printed it at work before the holiday (double-side and stapled), but left it on the printer! For the first time in a while, except for Apt, I need to read some manuals.

I'm looking forward to reading some good advice here as well!
    Or......... if you had Documents To Go, or PalmPDF, you could have saved the paper, and had the manual already on your phone.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Great idea mcentreville. Hope I'm resourceful enough to contribute.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    ... you could have saved the paper, and had the manual already on your phone.
    I've used those, but for something like this I still like to hit it with the ol' hilighter first time through - then use it electronically for future reference. Good pointer though for those that may not have tried.