Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What you have to make sure you do is put the tape right under the two tabs on each side the tape should be touching the underside of the tabs. Here are some pictures hope they help:

http://www.geocities.com/jzurb1/1.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/jzurb1/2.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/jzurb1/3.JPG
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    WOW that's ugly. But being on the inside you don't have to look at it. And... it stops the squeak, that was the purpose.
    Me on the other hand, I was not as crafty. I bought a Seidio Super Slim Rubberized Hard Case. No squeaks and it protects my phone with very little increase in size.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    Tks Jayzee.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Easiest and best fix is as follows: Remove the back cover, and put a 1/4" X 1/4" piece of scotch tape over all six (6) of the cover holes on the phone itself. That's it! Close the back cover and you will have a perfect fix. It doesn't make it any harder to remove the battery cover either.
    [QUOTE=jayzee;1489012]What you have to make sure you do is put the tape right under the two tabs on each side the tape should be touching the underside of the tabs. Here are some pictures hope they help:

Hey, thanks for the pictures!!

I tried it today and it seems to work pretty well for all 5 seconds since I've put it on. I'll see how it does in the long run. Thanks for the help and ideas people!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    What you have to make sure you do is put the tape right under the two tabs on each side the tape should be touching the underside of the tabs....
    Thanks for taking the time to post the pics Jayzee. I had the tape right under the tabs as you suggested but the pieces that I originally put in were not quite as long as the ones in your pictures. So I've pulled it out and re-taped with longer pieces. So far, so good. No more squeaking and creaking. We'll see how long it lasts....
    Just followed Jayzee's instruction, 3 layers of scotch tape on the back cover & now I can type without hearing the back cover creak & squeak!
    Here's my way of eliminating squeak (maybe a llittle simpler than using all that tape) - works great and gets you a little safety money if and when you need it - the trick is to make the creases in the bill of your choice very sharp and exact, as fit is tight!

Placement of bill is very important for fit see jpg 001. The little white square is a double face tape - it keeps the bill in place when sliding cover on or off.

Yes it makes the cover a little harder to put on and take off - but once you do it a couple of times, its no harder than normal.

Click on link or cut and paste links into browser.

http://www.remotesystems.com/images/...squeak 001.jpg
    http://www.remotesystems.com/images/...squeak 002.jpg
    http://www.remotesystems.com/images/...squeak 003.jpg
    http://www.remotesystems.com/images/...squeak 004.jpg

Give it a shot!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    MouseGlider, I like your idea, but a little too rich for my blood

Now if you could make it work with a quarter........................maybe.................
    If we fold up a "Benjamin" in there, it would be worth $1 more than most of paid for the Centro to begin with.

Tks for the tip
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Or you could say "My Centro" is worth more and better than yours and has no squeaks.

It also works good for my Treo with the Sedio 2200mah battery and their modified stock size battery cover. And if you use the stock 1600mah? 755p battery with the Sedio cover you can have two bills in there instead of one.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    MouseGlider, I like your idea, but a little too rich for my blood

Now if you could make it work with a quarter........................maybe.................
    caseyatbt,

Use a good old $1.00 bill or a piece of paper the size of a bill and fold it as shown in the pictures and it will do the same thing.

No richness needed in this modification!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Or you could say "My Centro" is worth more and better than yours and has no squeaks.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Thank you Jayzee:

The tape worked like a charm.
    confirmed the tape trick works as advertised, 3 pieces right under the tabs

squeaks gone also feels much more solid in the hand

thanks, that was my biggest peeve about centro!
    Last edited by jflynn; 04/23/2009 at 01:39 PM.
    I don't know why are you all doing modifications to something that is giving you problems.
    I had the same squeaky battery door problem, when I bought the Centro. All I did was call the support centre and they replaced the battery door free underwarranty. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajayacharya_250 View Post
    I don't know why are you all doing modifications to something that is giving you problems.
    I had the same squeaky battery door problem, when I bought the Centro. All I did was call the support centre and they replaced the battery door free underwarranty. Problem solved.
    How long have you had the new door? It takes a few months for most of them to start squeaking enough to be bothersome.. once that foam pad flattens out it's shot for good.

Plus throwing in a half-business card gives instant satisfaction. No calling CS, no waiting on hold, no waiting for the mail, no hassle at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    How long have you had the new door? It takes a few months for most of them to start squeaking enough to be bothersome.. once that foam pad flattens out it's shot for good.

Plus throwing in a half-business card gives instant satisfaction. No calling CS, no waiting on hold, no waiting for the mail, no hassle at all.
    Yes, but when the problem is due to a manufacturing defect, why put up with it? When I bought the Centro in October last, within a week, it gave me the squeaks. I replaced them in November, now they are as sturdy as the Treo650 was. No problem at all.
    After reading your suggestions. Some one passed a note to me on a regular Post-It note (the yellow ones about 3"x3"). I folded it in half and then in thirds. Placed it between the battery and the lid and annoying problem sold.

The hardest part is getting someone to give you a Post-It note!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12