Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    jamesgangut, were you building a custom rom for the Centro? What did you strip out of it?
    Where do we get the ROMTool? I didn't know we could do that on the Centro.
    No ROMTool tony. I am working on one. When it is ready to go I will post (this weekend). It is a GSM ROW ROM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Damn you GSM people, you get all the cool crap. Good luck and what are some of the changes?
    Just a stripped down one to increase dbcache, get rid of apps you don't use.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

wondering if there was any way to, one day, get it to work for CDMA Centro's?
    Excellent jamesgangut. I have three Centro GSM phones and very much looking forward to your updated and cleaned up ROM.

Carl
    Last edited by quickster; 07/05/2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    This will greatly benefit those who have unlocked Centros from Singapore. The cjkos and other chinese related files really take up a lot of rom space we English language users dont need.
    Sounds promising.

I just took advantage of a free Centro offer to replace my aging 650 w/custom ROM...looking forward to playing with the Centro...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Just a stripped down one to increase dbcache, get rid of apps you don't use.
    Great James :-)))

Looking forward to try it!!!

Sergio
    Arrgg.. why cant we have this for sprint?
    I have been hammered with work so I haven't been able to finish. I do have a working ROM but I still need to put it together in a nicer package and get the instructions together. I am hoping to have the time this coming weekend to make it right.

On another note once the Sprint updater is released it may be possible to do that one if the ROM is not like the 700 or 755. If it is then it won't work. I am interested to see if the ROMs are different structure on the same hardware.
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 07/10/2008 at 10:58 PM.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekforhire View Post
    Sounds promising.

I just took advantage of a free Centro offer to replace my aging 650 w/custom ROM...looking forward to playing with the Centro...
    Where did you get the upgrade offer? I'm thinking of upgrading from my Treo650.
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay View Post
    Where did you get the upgrade offer? I'm thinking of upgrading from my Treo650.
    My account was eligible for a 'deal' on a phone since I have not purchased a phone from them in a few years. I just used the 'check on upgrade' option from my the ATT website while logged into my account and started shopping from there.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekforhire View Post
    My account was eligible for a 'deal' on a phone since I have not purchased a phone from them in a few years. I just used the 'check on upgrade' option from my the ATT website while logged into my account and started shopping from there.
    I was going to do that, but I thought they were require a change in my account. Did you have to make any changes to your account? Extend it or add services?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
  16.    #16  
    James, you getting any freezes with the custom ROM?
    Dave
    James,

Anyway to add additional fonts and sizes? I would love to buy another Centro but hate how large the fonts are in email and other programs.

Thanks!!
    No freezes. Actually more stable with added dbcache.

I am not planning on adding anything to ROMs just removing.
    Quote Originally Posted by darjay View Post
    I was going to do that, but I thought they were require a change in my account. Did you have to make any changes to your account? Extend it or add services?
    Yea, I had to sign up for another two years to get the 'deal'.
    James,

Are you using the ROM Tools from "Access" or are u making them yourself.
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast