Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Centro now is running FW .13 and the custom ROM.
    No more AT&T crapola and other apps that I'll never use.
    Thank you everyone for your hard work.
    I loved my Centro before, now I really love it.
    I know, it's okay to love your Palm, just don't LOVE your Palm.
    Boy that's accurate on many levels, isn't it?
    Hi,
    My centro is only english or spanish language. I would change for french language and Rogers application, not with At&T. Is it possible? What firmware or software, I would change? Thank!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great custom ROM

I have an unlocked AT&T Palm Centro, i upgraded Firmware and the ROM successfully, the overall system performance of my Palm Centro is now unbelievably fast and stable.

Only under "Phone Info" panel the Software shows: Centro-1.01-ATT !
    but that dosnt matter as long as my new Palm Centro ROM is fast and stable.

Thanks again
    Any word on a sprint release? I am waiting for this bad boy....Never got to play with ROMS, so I am looking forward to playing....

THanks guys
    I would assume any Sprint custom ROM release is waiting for the 1.08 updater, which is fine with me.
    I have been waiting for the 1.08 because you know if I do the other 1.08 will come out the next day. I thought it would be out by now. When 1.08 comes out I was going to sit down and do it and the Verizon version at the same time.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I just got my new Sprint olive green Centro delivered yesterday to replace my aging (nearly 4 year old) Treo 650. The color looks awesome in person btw.

I REALLY like the new soft-touch paint, and the keyboard also has a soft plastic that is just a bit tacky for grip. 128mb also helped me decide that I should go this route instead of continuing to wait to see what finally happens with Nova. :|

This new Centro revision also comes with 1.08 installed which is cool but I'm looking forward to being able to strip out some of the unnecessaries with a custom ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I have been waiting for the 1.08 because you know if I do the other 1.08 will come out the next day. I thought it would be out by now. When 1.08 comes out I was going to sit down and do it and the Verizon version at the same time.

There does not appear to be any major differences between 1.07 and 1.08 that I can tell. (Updated Google Maps and Facebook in ROM. Others?) I would want both stripped out of the ROM anyway as to not have two copies of the same application as they become updated. I don't think Sprint will even release a 1.08 update in order to distinguish between the 64mb and 128mb versions.
    Are there any instructions anywhere on how to hack/edit a rom update file? I see Verizon has a release and I would sure like to update my Verizon ROM (most specifically to update the ROM resident apps with current versions)

Paul
    Hi all. I hate to look like a complete moron but, it is my first Palm device and I really don't want to screw it up!

I have an AT&T Centro which is stock from them (refurbed). Mainly I want to get rid of all the AT&T "buy more crap" stuff that comes on the phone.

The install instructions are basic enough. But, what I am confused about are the different files I would need to download.

Can someone point me to the correct FW & ROM Zips?

Thanks, and again, sorry I'm such a noob.

I think I am supposed to get both files in post #90.
    Last edited by psycho; 11/10/2008 at 09:29 PM.
    Well, I installed both the firmware and the stripped down cutom ROM. I must say that I was sweating bullets but all went well. And now, the numbers:

Berfore:
    15983 K

After:
    30063 K

Not to mention all of the ATT crap is gone!

My hat is off to the creators/hackers who got this done. Thanks a million!

Sounds like a project.

I will most likely do it to my wifes Centro. I'm using a 755 though. ANy hope for us? I have a 700p Id be willing to give up as a test subject.
    I haven't forgotten about this but I have been dealing with far more important things. I lost my mom to cancer on the 15th. I have one ROM done and I will post the link if someone wants to workup an instruction post (MFB maybe?) As soon as I am able I can add more.

dear James,

sorry for your lost.

Ran
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    anytime to fiddle with the new vz update rom?
    Forgive the Noob question, but what exactly will you gain? I know some space and stuff, but can programs such as BT voice command be "enabled"?

I am familiar with flashing phones, using hex editors and hacks to access and bypass locks. I want to understand what else this will accomplish.
    I bought a palm centro from AT&T and unlocked it to use in Canada. Everything works but everytime someone calls me it says "roaming", it doesnt say roaming any other time and im not being charged for roaming. The problem is that even though I changed the ringtones and I made friends have specific ringtones it keeps ringing the same one. I deleted all the ringtones but I cant delete "AT&T Tone"....It seems that AT&T's version doesn't include a menu for roaming to turn off or change the ringtone....just wanted to know if there is a way to get rid of this or a rom tool i can use to fix this?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Citi-Zen View Post
    I just got my new Sprint olive green Centro delivered yesterday to replace my aging (nearly 4 year old) Treo 650. The color looks awesome in person btw.

I REALLY like the new soft-touch paint, and the keyboard also has a soft plastic that is just a bit tacky for grip. 128mb also helped me decide that I should go this route instead of continuing to wait to see what finally happens with Nova. :|

This new Centro revision also comes with 1.08 installed which is cool but I'm looking forward to being able to strip out some of the unnecessaries with a custom ROM.
    Citi-Zen, Congratulations on the new Centro! Can you tell us how much db cache it has available with the stock 1.08 rom??
    Thanks!
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    These custom ROMs are great. Worked fine on US at&t locked Centro (white one). Thanks to those that created and the others that support.

Couple little things might help someone else.

1. You need a second micro disk Or a good backup on your computer. According to the instructions you should only have a blank sdcard with only the install folders. This means if you have a ton of stuff on the SD you will need to delete it (reformat) and put the install stuff on. Please correct me if I am wrong on this. It would save tons of time and corrupted transfers If it is possible to just throw the new ROM/flash files on the SD card with our other files.

2. My "network" preferences were locked after the updates. This means you can not get on the web. It is very easy to fix. Just go into preferences and select "network" and then tap on the RED lock. It will ask a question -- pick copy. The lock turns green. good to go.

3. If you use the MFB's rom you WILL lose your ptunes player and the calculator. This means you need to buy $19.95 basic ptunes and a decent calcutator costs $14.95 although there are some free ones out there.
    Last edited by anika200; 11/14/2008 at 09:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anika200 View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong on this. It would save tons of time and corrupted transfers If it is possible to just throw the new ROM/flash files on the SD card with our other files.
    Hi anika200,

I did the following, renamed the "Palm" folder on my card to something else and then copied the installation stuff to my non-empty card, then followed the instruction step by step: the upgrade went fine but DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Ciao

Sergio
    Citi-Zen, Congratulations on the new Centro! Can you tell us how much db cache it has available with the stock 1.08 rom??
    Thanks!
    Thanks Roams! Sorry about the delay in response but it looks from the other thread that you've already picked one up for yourself, so congratulations to you too!!! Isn't the olive green color cool?

I hope you're enjoying your new Centro as much as I am. I just re-mapped the buttons using LudusP to mirror the 650 since I really don't like having the menu button at the bottom of the keyboard, and I've been getting things set up the way I want them with software.

As for the DB cache, from your test it look as though it's the same as it was before with the "old" Centro. Do you think Sprint is going to release 1.08 to the public? James, is there a way for us to dump the new features from 1.08 into a 1.07 rom image to keep the new and get rid of the bloat?
    Thanks guys, this stuff is really great. I had created my own custom roms before for the Treo 650, is there a similar tool that will allow me to do the same with the Centro?
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast