Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    1. yes
    2. The romupdater.prc found in the custom is the same one to be used for using the CentroROW ROM Original.
    3. It doesnt matter which goes first.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    I got the updated Bluetooth files from the Sprint update and also included Blazer. It seems there were some improvements on this app as well. This custom is only for Unlocked ROW Centros

The following apps have been removed.
    1. DTG
    2. Ptunes
    3. Calc
    4. Troubleshooter
    5. All non english related files
    6. Versamail files
    7. Voice pad
    8. Voice commands
    9. Google
    10. Tips
    Hi MFB!

Here it is my (good) report about installation :-)

Everything went fine, I only reinstalled to RAM Versamail and Voice memo (made a full backup of the original ROM before updating, just in case...)

Forgot to test DbCache before update, but now it is around 30000 kb, very good!

System seems snappier and no more white screens of pause when launching heavy apps like TomTom or Coreplayer...

Thanks to you and jamesgangut for the great job!

Ciao from Italy

Sergio
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    1. yes
    2. The romupdater.prc found in the custom is the same one to be used for using the CentroROW ROM Original.
    3. It doesnt matter which goes first.
    Thank you!

Everything went fine....almost

I updated Firmware and after that the Rom
    Everithing seems to be working fine but in the phone app info I get:

Firmware: G.R01.13 -> Ok!
    Software: Centro-1.01-ATT -> Arggg

But...No sight of AT&T apss...It seems to be a perfect ROW Centro....

What has happened? Should the "Software" phone app info be saying something like "Centro-1.02-ROW"?

How Can I confirm that I vhave a "Centro-1.02 Software?

Thank you very much!
    First, want to say that I'm very happy that you guys are making this available. I don't like the small DBCache on my Centro (compared to Treo 680). Before I take the plunge and do this, I want to be sure,

since I have a locked AT&T Centro, I want to follow the instructions for the custom ROM provided by MFB. Is that correct? Do I need to upgrade the firmware?

Thanks, and sorry in advance if I'm being dense, as I don't want to mess anything up.
    Regards,
    bh

Tungsten E, CLIE TJ27, TX, CLIE TH55 E2, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro
    Thank you guys for a great job, I just upgraded my AT&T Centro by the Original ROM including firmware from MFB and all works as dream

- first I backed all my data via NVBackup
    - then I did hardware reset and cleared all RAM
    - unlocked my Centro by code (don't know if this is obligatory for ROM upgrade)
    - flashed firmware first, restart, all OK, the version is G.R01.13 now
    - flashed ROM, then hardware reset
    - restored my data from backup
    And now works in T-Mobile network without any problem, all AT&T applications are gone, just the PhoneInfo claims, that I have Centro-1.01-ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by tomas.em View Post
    - unlocked my Centro by code (don't know if this is obligatory for ROM upgrade)
    No, UNLOCKING and FLASHING (Rom and firmware) are to different non-related things.
    Any Locked Terminal can be flashed but it will be reamin locked (but updated)

Quote Originally Posted by tomas.em View Post
    And now works in T-Mobile network without any problem, all AT&T applications are gone, just the PhoneInfo claims, that I have Centro-1.01-ATT
    Mine still says the same as yours after updating....weird thing!....but itīs working nice!
    Hello,
    I think I found a problem after flashing the ROM with the "original unlocked ROW ROM" found at post #90....
    I canīt use Pocket Tunes!!!!! It refuses to show my MP3s and I canīt register it!!!! (Itīs v4.04)
    Anyone knows how to make it work or do I have to install an updated version to ram?
    Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    Mine still says the same as yours after updating....weird thing!....but itīs working nice!
    This is intended. We are just over writing the ROM and leaving the token alone. Reduces errors when running them and allows upgrades in the future.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

hi guys! any chance i could get the orig calculator and voice pad applications (the one i downloaded for was from a 700p, it wont let me send the voice notes thru mms )?

Thanks!
    Well I took the plunge and thanks MBF for all your help with the custom ROM.

I put the custom ROM on my Aussie Unlocked GSM Centro and had no problems with the procedure.

I did notice a couple of things though...

In Pocket Tunes you left the "Palm Skin" in the ROM. I also couldn't register Pocket Tunes when I loaded it into RAM so I put in version 3 which I owned already without any problems

Voice Commands simply won't load into RAM when I tried to copy from my SD Card.

It would be a great help if you gave us a listing of the files you deleted from ROM and the applications they apply to so that we can check we are installing all the necessary files to RAM that were originally in ROM if we want to.

I also discovered that the Calculator program in ROM was put into RAM by Centro itself and was still there when I put my backup back into RAM (strange?)

Thanks MBF for everything. My Centro is now lean and mean.
    This is the link to my original, I left the calc etc. Use MFB's instructions.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/53413157...st-Centro.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    This is intended. We are just over writing the ROM and leaving the token alone. Reduces errors when running them and allows upgrades in the future.
    Thank you for the info....and the ROMs
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    This is the link to my original, I left the calc etc. Use MFB's instructions.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/53413157...st-Centro.html
    Just for clarification, is this file an original AT&T ROM, or an original Unlocked ROM? You mention that calc was left intact, as well as unmentioned others. Could you provide a little more detail on either what was removed, or what was left in the ROM? Sorry for the questions, just trying to make sure I can follow the progression here.
    Palm Pilot Professional --> TRGPro --> Treo 650 --> Centro (AT&T) + 4 Pixis on Sprint Family Plan
    Quote Originally Posted by bruneti View Post
    Just for clarification, is this file an original AT&T ROM, or an original Unlocked ROM? You mention that calc was left intact, as well as unmentioned others. Could you provide a little more detail on either what was removed, or what was left in the ROM? Sorry for the questions, just trying to make sure I can follow the progression here.
    This is my original Custom ROM based on Unlocked version. It is trimmed but leaving little Palm apps in.

Sprint ROM... pretty please?
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    What tools are being used to remove the apps now adays? I haven't created my own custom rom since the 650.

I would like a rom with only DTG and the language and smaller stuff removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoktong View Post
    hi guys! any chance i could get the orig calculator and voice pad applications (the one i downloaded for was from a 700p, it wont let me send the voice notes thru mms )?

Thanks!
    Here are the files shoktong
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here are the other 2.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    Hello,
    I think I found a problem after flashing the ROM with the "original unlocked ROW ROM" found at post #90....
    I canīt use Pocket Tunes!!!!! It refuses to show my MP3s and I canīt register it!!!! (Itīs v4.04)
    Anyone knows how to make it work or do I have to install an updated version to ram?
    Please try to use the ptunes I posted above. Its from the original rom.
    I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction here. I'm basically looking for step by step instructions on how to use these roms. I have an unlocked ATT centro I'm using on T-mobile, and I just want to put on the original unlocked GSM rom. I'd basically like to get rid of all the ATT crap loaded on the phone. I see where to download the roms from these posts, but I'm not clear on what other programs I need to download for the upgrade, or the exact steps I need to take. Thanks!