Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 350
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    I got the updated Bluetooth files from the Sprint update and also included Blazer. It seems there were some improvements on this app as well. This custom is only for Unlocked ROW Centros.

    Custom ROM is released as is and using it means you are responsible for whatever happens to your centro. The apps removed can be installed in RAM. In the event this post needs to be deleted, please send me a PM immediately.

    The following apps have been removed.
    1. DTG
    2. Ptunes
    3. Calc
    4. Troubleshooter
    5. All non english related files
    6. Versamail files
    7. Voice pad
    8. Voice commands
    9. Google
    10. Tips


    Download link http://www.4shared.com/file/63858919...th_Update.html

    Instructions:

    1. Backup using micro sd card using your favorite backup app. I use Resco backup. Hard reset.
    2. Using a blank micro sd card, transfer the unzipped contents of the package. There should be 2 folders now, Palm and CentroROW ROM Custom
    3. Go to Applications, categories, Card
    4. You can use Resco explorer to install RomUpdater.prc and Romupdater_enUS.prc to ram. This is found in Palm/launcher. If you're not familiar with the app, use other file explorer apps such as FileZ.
    5. After installing the 2 apps, use resco explorer to install or copy to ram all the files inside the CentroROW ROM Custom folder.
    6. Once done, you're now ready to update.
    7. PLUG IN YOUR CENTRO TO YOUR AC ADAPTOR.
    6. Launch RomUpdater from applications.
    7. type in nome then press enter
    8. After the process is done, you will be prompted to do a hard reset.
    9. Remove the battery and reinsert while holding the power button. Release then follow instructions on the screen.

    Ive got an unlocked AT&T Centro...This rom wont work...will it?
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by arquillos View Post
    Ive got an unlocked AT&T Centro...This rom wont work...will it?
    Worked on mine.
  3. #83  
    These ROMs should work on any GSM Centro. It will not change the revision numbers so in the event a new update is released by Palm you will still be able to update.
  4. #84  
    [QUOTE=jamesgangut;1501141]These ROMs should work on any GSM Centro.[QUOTE]

    When you said ANY, do you mean any unlocked GSM or any GSM locked or unlocked?

    Thanks.
    Mike
  5. #85  
    Locked versus unlocked doesn't matter. The ROM image that will be loaded in the "Unlocked (Unbranded) version". So if you have say a locked AT&T Centro. The image will load but not effect the locked status. There is a different radio firmware that if you are going from a different version to unlocked you may want to apply to keep them matched. I am not sure if that is included in the download that MFB posted or not.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  6. #86  
    So what's the point of removing all these apps again?

    -Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst View Post
    So what's the point of removing all these apps again?

    -Warr
    DBCache. It's like a free memory upgrade.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8. #88  
    Memory usage for DbCache.

    Before update: 17711 kb
    After update: 30063 kb
  9. #89  
    Before I venture on removing apps from the ROM I wonder if anyone can advise me on how to get a copy of my centro's ROM so that I can reinstall it later if I choose to sell or revert my centro to its original ROM
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Locked versus unlocked doesn't matter. The ROM image that will be loaded in the "Unlocked (Unbranded) version". So if you have say a locked AT&T Centro. The image will load but not effect the locked status. There is a different radio firmware that if you are going from a different version to unlocked you may want to apply to keep them matched. I am not sure if that is included in the download that MFB posted or not.
    I didnt include it JG. Im uploading the Centro Unlocked ROW firmware and ROM now.

    To those who just want the original unlocked ROW ROM,
    Instructions is the same as the custom. This is useful for those who want to go back from Custom or to those who purchased their Unlocked ROW from Asia.
    Download link to Original Unlocked ROW ROM only http://www.4shared.com/file/64078481..._Original.html


    Download Link to Unlocked ROW Firmware G.R01.13
    http://www.4shared.com/file/64078483...entro_ROW.html

    For firmware update, here are the instructions:
    1. Backup Centro so microsd
    2. Hard reset
    3. Copy files inside package downloaded to RAM
    4. Make sure CENTRO IS PLUGGED IN AC ADAPTOR
    5. Launch GSM firmware updater from applications.
    6. Do not touch or press any buttons while update is in progress. Just be patient and watch the progress bar until its all the way to the right.
    7. It will automatically reset after wards.
    8. Restore data
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Download link to Original Unlocked ROW ROM only http://www.4shared.com/file/64078481..._Original.html

    Download Link to Unlocked ROW Firmware G.R01.13
    http://www.4shared.com/file/64078483...entro_ROW.html
    Sorry....What differences exist between this two versions?

    Thank you!
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christer View Post
    Memory usage for DbCache.

    Before update: 17711 kb
    After update: 30063 kb
    Thanks. I found a more detailed description of the point to all this at:

    http://mastracci.com/blog/articles/category/palm

    But I'm sure you all already know about the "what's" and "why's."

    That said, I just upgraded from a 650, and I normally only had about 5 or 6 MB of unfragmented DBCache available at any given time (and many times only about 2 or 3 MB). The 15MB of defragmented DBCache I get on my new Centro feels absolutely luxurious and the Centro is rock-stable in comparison.

    Does having that much more free DBcache make that much of a difference to warrant working with a new rom? (And as a Verizon user, I realize this is an academic issue for me so far...)

    -Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Download Link to Unlocked ROW Firmware G.R01.13
    http://www.4shared.com/file/64078483...entro_ROW.html
    Ive got an AT&T unlocked Centro with Firmware: G.R01.12

    May I update the firmware to this new version?
    What are the improvements over the "12" version?
    This Rom Firmware (G.R01.13) has the Spanish Language included?

    Thank you
  14. #94  
    You can use the original row rom and the firmware. Using just the row rom will not work if you're coming from ATT unlocked. That has all languages included. The custom I uploaded is only for english.
  15. wynet's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #95  
    can anyone tell me, what tool that used to do this custom ROM?

    Thanks a lot
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhlb View Post
    Before I venture on removing apps from the ROM I wonder if anyone can advise me on how to get a copy of my centro's ROM so that I can reinstall it later if I choose to sell or revert my centro to its original ROM
    I'm recently coming to the GSM Centro from a GSM Treo650. I'd like to know the answer to this question from rhlb.

    Which ROM tools are used with the Centro?
  17. #97  
    Thanks MFB for the custom ROM.
  18. puyi's Avatar
    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    I didnt include it JG. Im uploading the Centro Unlocked ROW firmware and ROM now.

    To those who just want the original unlocked ROW ROM,
    Instructions is the same as the custom. This is useful for those who want to go back from Custom or to those who purchased their Unlocked ROW from Asia.
    Download link to Original Unlocked ROW ROM only http://www.4shared.com/file/64078481..._Original.html


    Download Link to Unlocked ROW Firmware G.R01.13
    http://www.4shared.com/file/64078483...entro_ROW.html

    For firmware update, here are the instructions:
    1. Backup Centro so microsd
    2. Hard reset
    3. Copy files inside package downloaded to RAM
    4. Make sure CENTRO IS PLUGGED IN AC ADAPTOR
    5. Launch GSM firmware updater from applications.
    6. Do not touch or press any buttons while update is in progress. Just be patient and watch the progress bar until its all the way to the right.
    7. It will automatically reset after wards.
    8. Restore data
    MFB,

    If I apply the ROW FW to my locked AT&T Centro, will it then be unlocked?

    I assume I can use either the ROW Original or Custom ROM.

    Sorry for the noob questions; it's been a while since I built my own ROM on my old 650.
  19. #99  
    Nope, it will still be locked to AT&T. Yes you can either use the custom or original ROM. Just make sure you upgrade the firmware so the ROW ROM (custom or original) matches.
    You're welcome JM8753
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    You can use the original row rom and the firmware. Using just the row rom will not work if you're coming from ATT unlocked. That has all languages included. The custom I uploaded is only for english.
    Two more questions before updating Firmware G.R01.12 to G.R01.13 and Software from Centro-1.02-ATT to Centro-1.03 ROW on my unlcocked AT&T

    1.- Has the file "CentroROW ROM Original.zip" the Centro Centro-1.02-ROW version?

    2.- The file "CentroROW ROM Original.zip" has only got one directory called "CentroROW ROM Original". I need the "RomUpdater.prc" program...Should I "mix" the files "Centro CustomROW ROM with Update.zip" and the "CentroROW ROM Original.zip" so I can use the "Palm directory" from the first one and the "CentroROW ROM Original" directory from the second one?

    3.- What is the correct order for updating Rom and firmware?...First updating firmware to G.R01.13 and then updating the Rom?


    Thank you very much!
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions