Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Any updates James? I just got a Centro about a week ago after my 650 was stolen and i would love to de-junk the thing.
    Well, I have just been hammered at work. I can post the one that is done & get to the other versions later. I just need to work up the instructions first. I will also be out of town next week so I am leary of posting it when I won't be around if a problem arises.
    Take your time. I can understand, no one wants to be bugged on their time off.
    The new Centro ROM update is out for Sprint. Could be useful for this project.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html
    Last edited by antmelnat; 07/22/2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Link Added
    jamesgangut = my treo hero

i'm been spoiled with your T680 build, after the switch to Centro this 12mb of free dbcache is killing me.
    I will actually have the time to do it next week just won't be able to post them until I get back. Good news for Sprint folks the new updater is in ?????-palmos.zip format not the rom.zip. So Sprint custom is possible as well. I can't test it but if there is a brave soul I could take a crack at it that one as well.

FYI
    GSM is the gnome
    Sprint (maybe CDMA) is gandolf
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    FYI
    GSM is the gnome
    Actually it is "gandalf".
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I will actually have the time to do it next week just won't be able to post them until I get back. Good news for Sprint folks the new updater is in ?????-palmos.zip format not the rom.zip. So Sprint custom is possible as well. I can't test it but if there is a brave soul I could take a crack at it that one as well.

FYI
    GSM is the gnome

jamesgangut: I PM'd you.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Can you tell me what kitchen are you using for the Centro custom ROM
    Jamesgangut, is there any way we can make a custom rom for the centro and install it to a treo 755p? It sure would be nice to get "my location" for google maps on board.
    Bumping for interest. I think a lot of people are slobbering for a stripped CDMA/EVDO centro ROM image without all the spamware sprint shovels on the device.
    Ditto on the stripped CDMA/EVDO centro ROM.
    Looking forward to this...
    I too am voting for a Sprint custom ROM... would be a wonderful thing.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    itching for a vz one too- the outdated ptunes, docs to go, and google maps need fixing and the crudeware needs to go too. (plus any space for the spanish and other foreign language files is always nice to have...)
    I am back in town. I am working on these as I can.

The GSM will be the unlocked version.

I have a few Sprint testers once I have one ready.

VZ will have to wait for an updater. Sorry.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    James,

I'm pretty knowledgeable with the Sprint Centro's structure/files/etc and will be getting my screen replacement in the next couple of weeks. Anything I can do to help out let me know. I'm pretty psyched to get a custom rom and make my own changes to it.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    THe Verizon is also a Gandalf-palmos. So iit maybe the same Updater. THe Files between the Srint updater and a rom image that I got off a verizon are the same.
    My Sprint Centro and I are eagerly awaiting this. I would love to get some of this useless junk off my phone....and make it like I want...
    Another Sprint Centro user who would love some more dbcache. Keep up the good work!
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast