Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
    Hello,

I found the most needed files at the url in the last posting.
    In the zipfile "Palm_rom_super_bare_stripped.zip" created from gapleki
    is a step by step instruction to add/delete files to/from the ROM, BUT since links to mo5.com are dead, I can't find the needed addon programs to get everything work.
    For myself I founded Romtool here:
    hzzp://grack.com/programming/misc/TreoROMTool.html

But I didn't found the archive TXUpdate.zip to convert the Romfiles back to .pdb format.

Does anyone have this file and can post it here please??

Edit:
    Or is there a different version of romtool for Centro out there?
    If yes, please someone could post it here?

Best regards
    Groby
    Last edited by Groby; 08/01/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    palmtx.da.ru/system/TXUpdate.zip
    Thank you!

I think i figured out how to create the zip.X.pdb's for flashing. I used the zip2pdb from posting #303, but when i tried to flash the data to my centro i got a md5 error.

Can i use the Romtool I linked to in my previous posting?
    Or is there a special version for the centro?

Best regards
    Groby
    Nobody here anymore...?
    I'd like o make a stripped rom with german language included.
    The roms posted here are only english language...
    Hello. First of all, thanks everyone that got with a way to create Centro Custom Roms.

I've learned how to do it but now I face with a question that I can't get the answer to:

Why is there always Google Maps? I've tried in many ways to remove it from rom, but it's always there.

I've seen this asked before with no answer, and even it seems that everything Palm Centro related seems dead, existing a base of users that doesn't want to switch to other phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    I didnt include it JG. Im uploading the Centro Unlocked ROW firmware and ROM now.

To those who just want the original unlocked ROW ROM,
    Instructions is the same as the custom. This is useful for those who want to go back from Custom or to those who purchased their Unlocked ROW from Asia.
    Download link to Original Unlocked ROW ROM only...

Download Link to Unlocked ROW Firmware G.R01.13...

For firmware update, here are the instructions:
    1. Backup Centro so microsd
    2. Hard reset
    3. Copy files inside package downloaded to RAM
    4. Make sure CENTRO IS PLUGGED IN AC ADAPTOR
    5. Launch GSM firmware updater from applications.
    6. Do not touch or press any buttons while update is in progress. Just be patient and watch the progress bar until its all the way to the right.
    7. It will automatically reset after wards.
    8. Restore data

Hello MFB,

could you upload those files again in other server, please? because I am looking for those files and I found the links broken or not available.

Thanks for your reply and your effort, I am trying to reload the original ROM to my Centro again to make it operationally. Now I am the problem the phone doesn´t start, after few resets starts work for a while (just a couple hours) and go insane again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razoff View Post
    palmtx.da.ru/system/TXUpdate.zip
    could you please upload the rom again to another site
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmcgee View Post
    Well, I just updated my phone and everything went well. I thought I would share a bit in case others are thinking about it, but not quite sure they want to try this.

First off, my phone is an unlocked AT&T but I use T-Mobile. As any who use a similar set up know, there is a bunch of crappy AT&T stuff that doesn't work and is fairly anoying.

Here is what I did:

Note that I used three programs that don't come with the Centro for this. The first is Filez. I don't use the Resco stuff, so Filez was perfect for me. It is free, but you will want to make sure you know how to use it.

I also used BackupMan to make a backup to my MicroSD (henceforth just SD) before proceeding. There are other backup programs, but you do need one. I got this one years and years ago. I had a new Treo 600 and tried the trial version. I had made a backup and then I had loaded something else. It caused a reset loop. I finally hard reset the thing, and restored from, SD. Magic! I sent the $$ to purchase BackupMan the same day!

I used Card Reader to mount the SD card on my PC. You get by without this, but it made moving files a lot easier.

I followed the instructions for the Firmware upgrade and it went perfectly. No issues.

I didn't have a spare SD available, so I used the following, slightly modified instructions for the ROM update.

1. Backup done before the Firmware upgrade.

2. With no blank SD, I just created a folder on the SD called ROW. I copied the CentroROW ROM Origianl folder that I had unzipped into the SD ROW folder. I also copied the PALM folder from the Cust-Centro folder where I had unzipped the custom ROW ROM that I was not going to use.

3. I copied Filez to the SD /PALM/Launcher folder so it would be available after the hard reset.

4. Hard Reset.

5. Launch Filez. Use it to copy the prc files from EXTERNAL (SD) ROW/PALM/Launcher to INTERNAL. Check that ROM Upgrade shows up in the laucher.

6. Use Filez to copy all the gnome....pdb files from EXTERNAL ROW/CentroROW ROM Original to INTERNAL. Use filez to verify there are in memory.

7. PLUG IN YOUR CENTRO TO YOUR AC ADAPTOR.

8. Launch RomUpdater from applications.

9. I was bit confused on how to proceed. When it says type nome, it mean exactly that. You will be in what looks like a document. You just type the four letters n o m and e and press enter.

10. Hard reset.

Done!! It went well, and no more stupid non-working AT&T stuff!. Also, my DBCache went from 15983 to 17711. Great!

I want to thank all those who have worked on this. Special thanks to jamesgangut and MFB.

Scott
    Sir,
    Do You still have the Centro custom row rom ?
    I would like to download it and get rid of the AT&T stuff.
    Thank You
    R. Polet
    Netherlands
    Hello,

there is no active Link anymore for this last Update to get some problems solved. Does somebody still have the Software. I would really appreciate that.

Holm
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raulinv View Post
    Hello MFB,

could you upload those files again in other server, please? because I am looking for those files and I found the links broken or not available.

Thanks for your reply and your effort, I am trying to reload the original ROM to my Centro again to make it operationally. Now I am the problem the phone doesn´t start, after few resets starts work for a while (just a couple hours) and go insane again...
    Maybe You can show me how to extract the Original ROM. I have a working AT&T Centro to spare.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718