Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gapleki View Post
    Mujus are you willing to check your custom rom procedure? We always stuck in MD5 error even though we follow your instructions.

I can make some custom roms for some other ppl once I know how..

TIA

GAP

What a good idea

I tried to do my personnal rom for unlock centro.

I've got a pb with the md5 checksum when i try to upload my rom on centro. Can you tell us which hex editor you're using for editing the gnome-palmos.zip.md5.pdb ? Is there something special to now about it ?
    I excecuted the zip2pdb script (rexx32) as explained on my zip rom. I obtained the a,b,c,d ..... parts. But after that, i can't open the part a with romtool (as i've done with the custom and the original rom). I'va got an unexpected error with romtool.

Is the version of zip2pdb script you're using to obtain valid rom is the same that the one as here http://mo5.com/centro/index.html ?
    Try to generate the rom as explained here h77p://mo5.com/centro/index.html

But in step 5
    ##################
    Now, we will recreate a set of ROM files in PDB format.
    Get TXUpdate.zip
    Unzip it and put the files gnome-palmos.zip and gnome-palmos.zip.md5 into the same directory.
    Launch go.bat and wait for the end of the process.
    You will obtain a whole bunch of files called gnome-palmos.zip.a.pdb, gnome-palmos.zip.b.pdb and so on.
    Go back to the directory you obtain in 1 and copy those files into the directory. They will replace the old ones.
    ##################

don't use the file zip2pdb included in the txupdate.zip, but do it with this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i have unlocked my phone, installed a custom rom from the forums here. it has removed all of the rogers app except for the branded rogers palm phone app. any ideas.

thanks.
    Thanks to those who contributed to showing us how to make a custom ROM. I have made a number now for my unlocked ROW Centro. I have been able to modify MBF's offerings by removing the mp3 files and the tutorials with ease.

I have one confusing question though. I can't seem to get rid of Google Maps. I can't find it listed in the ROM yet it appears after each hard reset without fail. Can anyone tell me the filenames of Google Maps as it appears in the ROM?

Much appreciated.
    Is it possible to do this with an Sprint Centro? I unlocked it with the MSL code.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    RHLB would you share your custom rom? Did you also remove the Kinoma*.*?
    Thank you in advance.
    Gap

Quote Originally Posted by rhlb View Post
    Thanks to those who contributed to showing us how to make a custom ROM. I have made a number now for my unlocked ROW Centro. I have been able to modify MBF's offerings by removing the mp3 files and the tutorials with ease.

I have one confusing question though. I can't seem to get rid of Google Maps. I can't find it listed in the ROM yet it appears after each hard reset without fail. Can anyone tell me the filenames of Google Maps as it appears in the ROM?

Much appreciated.
    Good Day James,

After reading previous post, I would like to extend my condolences to you regarding the loss of your mother to such a dreadful illness. This world is rife with suffering at this time but fortunately, there is a hope for better things to come. This we can discuss at a later time.

My question was regarding rom update/flashing my phone-
    I have been trying to do it for the last few hours, following instructions from MFB and pretty much the same format we used for the Treo 680. I come up with 2 errors in the processes:

1) With the rom - after I type in nome and press enter- it gives and error message saying it cannot find a certain file.
    "Validating/ROM/gnome-ipl-dvt
    ...ERROR
    ERROR: Low image files corrupt of missing

Then it aborts.
    I beleive I have followed all directions accurately up to this point and i am not sure what is causing the problem- all the files have been copied over to the ram folder. If you have heard of this b4 or could aid me in solving the problm, i would greatly appreciate it.

2) with the firmware - Once I launch the application - the phone will vibrate and toggle between;

Updating firmware
    Preparing to update firmware
    Download Flasher

This process continues for several minutes, with no change or progression on the progress bar- the LED light also goes from green to orange depending upon the words on the bottom of the screen.

Are you familiar with this?
    Thank you for your time in advance! and also thank you for your help in making these and other files available to us in the general public.

I wish you the best in your endeavors

Andre H.
    Ok just to update-

I solved the rom problem by formatting my card. Since I wanted to save what was on my card before I just copied all the files to my hard drive them deleted them from the card- I forgot that the previous instructions said to get a black card and the 680 instructions mentioned formatting the card- so once that was done - it worked fine and also the firmware update worked as well...

Not sure why the card needs to be formatted but it made the difference.

Take Care all.. I'm sure I'll have more questions to come in the future
    Is there a verizon version?
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    Is there a verizon version?
    jamesgangut seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, so unless someone else can step up and create one for the Sprint and Verizon versions, I suspect not.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I just saw that jamesgangut has now been posting in the Treo Pro forum and his signature says that's what he has now. I've been holding out hope for CDMA, too, but maybe now it's time to unsubscribe *sigh
    I have an AT&T branded phone on which I installed the GSM ROW ROM image. I have been happy with it, but am having some hardware issues with the phone now, and need a copy of an AT&T ROM to restore to it before trying to send it back to PALM for repair. Anyone got one or willing to make one?

Scott
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ribcookie View Post
    i have unlocked my phone, installed a custom rom from the forums here. it has removed all of the rogers app except for the branded rogers palm phone app. any ideas.

thanks.
    Welcome to TreoCentral ribcookie, if you are referring to the branding in the Palm phone app, you can customise it by using Skinner (for GSM and CDMA Centro) which is now free. I highly recommend it - here's the link.

A screen shot from my GSM unlocked version(iTreo v1):
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...p-C6587BAF.jpg

I believe it includes the stock Palm splash screen and a few different ones.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Thanks for the ROMs guys. The first thing I did for my new Centro was install unbranded ROM.
    I have one question though, What program do I install for e-mail? I had expressmail before, I didn't like it. I wanted versamail or a better application, but have not been able to locate a good e-mail app.
    Thanks,
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Arcee, try snapper mail
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    The links posted on page 4 of this thread are no longer working, and although I've read through every post, I have found no working links to any Custom ROM files.

Can someone please tell me where I can get them?
    Quote Originally Posted by azza View Post
    The links posted on page 4 of this thread are no longer working, and although I've read through every post, I have found no working links to any Custom ROM files.
    Can someone please tell me where I can get them?
    palmcentro.da.ru/system/CentroCustomROWROMwithUpdate.zip
    palmcentro.da.ru/system/CentroROWROMOriginal.zip
    palmcentro.da.ru/system/Cust-Centro.zip

Question to all: how "boot.conf" file must be edited if you add/delete files to/from ROM?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    thanks to post# 303 by kadorisation now I able to finish my super bare strip rom, with additional 2.8M space increase compare to barestrip Rom by MFB (MFB's ROM was good but it has kinoma, tutorial and some unnecessary MP3s).

Let me know if you guys want it.
    Last edited by gapleki; 08/28/2009 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kadorisation View Post
    Try to generate the rom as explained here http://mo5.com/centro/index.html
    I'd love to, but when I look for [url= ][mo5.com/centro/index.html/url] , the URL always changes to [url= ][www.mo5.com/index.php/url]

and Searching the site for "Centro" only yields four Small Ads.

Is there any other place where I can find that particular info?

Regards,

Jochen
    Last edited by Jochen K.; 08/28/2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: unwanted URL translation by your software