Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I keep getting Error calculating the MD5Checksum, i used XVI32 and HXD program to change that 32bytes and save... did follow the procedure but keep getting that error when flashing..

Did I change it right?

Heres the files, I change MD5 in the pdb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gapleki; 03/12/2009 at 02:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    would anyone recreate ROM base on this http://www.4shared.com/file/63858919...th_Update.html but delete:
    -all kinoma*.*
    -all MP3 (original + getting started)
    -all tutorial*.*?

I tried to do it myself but always stuck at MD5.

TIA

GAP
    =============================================
    Originally Posted by MFB
    I got the updated Bluetooth files from the Sprint update and also included Blazer. It seems there were some improvements on this app as well. This custom is only for Unlocked ROW Centros.

Custom ROM is released as is and using it means you are responsible for whatever happens to your centro. The apps removed can be installed in RAM. In the event this post needs to be deleted, please send me a PM immediately.

The following apps have been removed.
    1. DTG
    2. Ptunes
    3. Calc
    4. Troubleshooter
    5. All non english related files
    6. Versamail files
    7. Voice pad
    8. Voice commands
    9. Google
    10. Tips

http://www.4shared.com/file/63858919...th_Update.html
    Last edited by gapleki; 03/12/2009 at 02:10 AM.
    I have a locked at&t centro I reflashed succesfully with the centro custom row rom w/update.

Only now I have 2 minor issues.

1) I did not realize that it also eliminated worldclock and I often use it for alarms since I have not found an alternative I like better.

2)since it also killed docs to go, I am having trouble beaming memos
    (I know they are seperate but docs always kidnapped memos I beamed from my T/x and I would have to copy and paste them from docs.

Well now I just get the following error
    Error: Database:can't find (0x0207)

when beaming memos from the t/x.

Any idea where I can get a copy of worldclock that will run on the centro?
    (I reflashed the t/x as well and it deleted it from there as well)
    I do still have access to my old zire72 if my daughter has not lost it again.
    I am just not sure it will work. I know I had to use the most recent version of notepad (from the t/x if memory serves) just to get that program to run on the centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by wouter_va View Post
    Mujus, thanks a lot for posting your ROM customisation method.

I have been unpacking and comparing the original ROM to the custom, trying to find a specific file(s) needed for the other keyboard layouts.
    No luck as of yet, it might help if I knew what I was looking for if anyone knows anything
    Wouter
    Flashed (following the instructions in previous posts (thanks to all of you)) the ROW Centros of a few collegues with the Belgian AZERTY layout.

I used my own unflashed Centro for the keyboard file transfer but I'm sure that you can save this file prior to the flashing.

1) Using filez or other, locate the file KdbLayout_frFR
    2) Transfer it to the Centro that has been flashed
    3) Accept it on the flashed Centro into the programs
    4) On the flashed Centro using Filez, alter the attributes of the transferred kbdlayout file to have the "Open" line checked.
    5) Confirm that you know what you are doing ;-)
    6) Close filez
    7) Make sure the usb cable / adapter is no longer attached
    8) take the battery out
    9) place the battery again in the Centro (just to "soft" reset the thing)
    10) enjoy

Best regards,
    Butchamon.
    Last edited by butchamon; 03/20/2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: typo
    Butchamon,

Thank you very much !! I knew someday someone with the right knowledge would come along!
    I have been fooling around with various ROMs following Mujus's method, but did not get where I wanted (too big, MD5 problems, fear of bricking and so on)

I will be testing this very soon

Thanks!
    Wouter

PS: I Just remember, I might have a little contribution back

I think it's OK to post this here? If not, Admins, feel free to contact me and I'll remove it.

Only for the very few people needing Azerty layout, very good deal on Azerty centro. 120 Euros for unlocked ROW, at a french discounter (www . cdiscount . com minus the spaces) site that also has a Belgian branch.
    I have ordered my Centro there (price was 135 then), the only problem I had was that you need patience, and don't believe the delivery date, it will probably be a week longer...
    Cheap WM Treo prices (for Europe unlocked) too, but these will be French only so beware (PalmOS is multilanguage)
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Which ROM did you DL?
    Could you point the link?

Mine is also centro w/ update but have worldclock in it

Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    I have a locked at&t centro I reflashed succesfully with the centro custom row rom w/update.

Only now I have 2 minor issues.

1) I did not realize that it also eliminated worldclock and I often use it for alarms since I have not found an alternative I like better.

2)since it also killed docs to go, I am having trouble beaming memos
    (I know they are seperate but docs always kidnapped memos I beamed from my T/x and I would have to copy and paste them from docs.

Well now I just get the following error
    Error: Database:can't find (0x0207)

when beaming memos from the t/x.

Any idea where I can get a copy of worldclock that will run on the centro?
    (I reflashed the t/x as well and it deleted it from there as well)
    I do still have access to my old zire72 if my daughter has not lost it again.
    I am just not sure it will work. I know I had to use the most recent version of notepad (from the t/x if memory serves) just to get that program to run on the centro.
    I can confirm Butchamon's method worked flawlessly! I now am on mfb's ROM and azerty layout

Thank you !!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    where is MFB when we need him?

I gotta have the ROM with those .mp3, tutorials, and kinoma* taken out..

Post the Subaru pic when you're done MFB
    Quote Originally Posted by gapleki View Post
    Which ROM did you DL?
    Could you point the link?

Mine is also centro w/ update but have worldclock in it
    MFB's centro custom row rom with updates.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1500848

I don't Know what the deal is but it disappeared from mine.

Does anyone know what version number the world clock was? I think I can get a copy from my moms old treo but I wanted to make sure the versions match.

Oh and while I am asking I probably should have backed up Docs to Go,
    Is there anywhere I can recover it?
    I could probably beam them from my moms centro, but I need to know the file names I need to get.

I also am still unable to transfer memo pad files without docs to go as the stinking gatekeeper.

Can I fix this? or am I going to have to replace docs to go to send/beam memo files?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Is the process of taking stuff out of the ROM nothing more than removing things from that zip used to flash?

If so, can anyone tell me which files are responsible for Blazer? I'd like to remove any trace of that for a project I'm testing.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    The tutorial/steps found here and across the internet seem to be primarily for GSM centros (often reference gnome, whereas the Sprint centro calls their OS files Gandalf).

Can these names be safely interchanged? For example, if I have gandalf-palmos.zip, can I then use the TXUpdate utility to rebuild the seperated files (by editing ZIP2PDB.REX and doing a find/replace gnome with gandalf) ?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Mujus are you willing to check your custom rom procedure? We always stuck in MD5 error even though we follow your instructions.

I can make some custom roms for some other ppl once I know how..

TIA

GAP
    I have access, to another centro with its original rom.

Would I be able to make a backup of some sort from this one and then selectively restore aplications, and or system files to "repair" issues with my centro?

I still am having beaming/bluetooth issues.

I recently discovered I am now unable to receive Harrington from others as well.

(not that it was exactly a well oiled process to begin with, but now I cant even receive them from another phone)

Not to mention bluetooth transfers of any kind are not working properly.

I would almost restore to the original Rom if I still had it.(unless nvbackup is able to do so)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post

I would almost restore to the original Rom if I still had it.(unless nvbackup is able to do so)
    I haven't checked - is the original ROM that allowed you to undo the changes made by installing the Custom ROM no longer online?

Regards,

Jochen
  15. Zcu
    Btw we CDMA Centro users no longer need a custom rom. Don't worry about us we, will be ok with the Pre. Please disregard all posts about a CDMA rom.
    Thanks for trying we do appreciate everybodys efforts.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zcu View Post
    Btw we CDMA Centro users no longer need a custom rom. Don't worry about us we, will be ok with the Pre. Please disregard all posts about a CDMA rom.
    Hey, zcu, you are free to get Pre, whenever it gets released.
    There are many of us who love and are staying with Sprint Centro, including myself.

So don't make a claim that as "we".
    I rarely gets mad on this forum, zcu, but you really pushed me this time.

Personally, I have been very eagerly waiting for Sprint ROM for a long time,
    checking this forum very regularly, hoping for James to find time to put
    one together. I have been running into memory problem, so custom ROM
    will really help with my phone. I have never bugged him because he is
    doing this as a favor to the community on this forum and I know how
    busy and hectic life can be.

You are free do and say whatever you want, but don't spaek for "we CDMA
    centro users."
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbears View Post
    Hey, zcu, you are free to get Pre, whenever it gets released.
    There are many of us who love and are staying with Sprint Centro, including myself.

So don't make a claim that as "we".
    I rarely gets mad on this forum, zcu, but you really pushed me this time.

Personally, I have been very eagerly waiting for Sprint ROM for a long time,
    checking this forum very regularly, hoping for James to find time to put
    one together. I have been running into memory problem, so custom ROM
    will really help with my phone. I have never bugged him because he is
    doing this as a favor to the community on this forum and I know how
    busy and hectic life can be.

You are free do and say whatever you want, but don't spaek for "we CDMA
    centro users."
    Ditto.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    I haven't checked - is the original ROM that allowed you to undo the changes made by installing the Custom ROM no longer online?

Regards,

Jochen
    I thought they were all custom, what was it listed under.

it is just frustrating, its primarily beaming and bluetooth issues

I love it otherwise. I just don't know what is causing the problems and hopefully either reflashing, or getting them from another centro will fix it.
    Hi jamesgangut,

Sorry for bothering you, your treoromtool can change the HSSN of treo650, any solution to change HSSN of my new centro?

Thank you!

Jerry
    Quote Originally Posted by zcu View Post
    Btw we CDMA Centro users optimistically think we no longer need a custom rom. Don't worry about us we, we hope we will be ok with the Pre. Please do not disregard all posts about a CDMA rom because the Palm OS is amazing as is the Centro and many people will not give up Palm OS until they absolutely have to or it is proven there is a viable alternative.
    Fixed your post.