Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
    So... still no go on the custom rom for Verizon users? :[
    SarahAshley
    LiveLaughLove
    Here's the deal. My notebook that had everything on it took a spill and the hard drive was destroyed. So I am having to start over. I will need some brave souls to test them when I get them done but I will post that when I am done.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Here's the deal. My notebook that had everything on it took a spill and the hard drive was destroyed. So I am having to start over. I will need some brave souls to test them when I get them done but I will post that when I am done.
    Sorry to hear the news, James - I'm sure that was a major bummer. But nonetheless, thanks for your willingness to still help us Sprint and Verizon users out.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    I had everything else backed up so no real loss just the time to get everything setup again.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Mujus, thanks a lot for posting your ROM customisation method.

I have been unpacking and comparing the original ROM to the custom, trying to find a specific file(s) needed for the other keyboard layouts.
    No luck as of yet, it might help if I knew what I was looking for if anyone knows anything

I have also been looking at the boot.conf but it seems that there is a difference in layout between the Custom ROM one and the original ROM one. As far as I can tell at first sight the content is similar (unfortunately the different layout prevents me from comparing the fast way in PSPad)

James or MFB, could you please confirm if (and maybe how) the boot.conf file has been altered in your ROM's.
    And, if it's not too much trouble of course , possibly comment on Mujus's customisation method (I would like to be sure there are no centro-specific missing steps before really creating a ROM and maybe bricking the phone, it looks fine from my little Palm experience)
    I understand this is of little to no interest to most people on the forum, but I'm a CAD engineer and therefor highly allergic to bloat so I'm not giving up without trying!

My idea so far would be to try a ROM with only the French and English language files, but I would far prefer if I could drop the French files and only keep keyboard layouts...
    I'm still looking for the courage to actually flash my own ROM from where I am so far, but it has already been a great learning experience

Thanks for all the help so far!
    Wouter
    I have done one per the instruction with CJK enabled (posted in pumb.org) as follows,

New custom ROM updater and tools:-
    1. copy to SD card and run it
    2. ROMtool, credit to the one floating in the web, for combine pdb file to zip file
    3. REXX32 with script (text file), credit to the one floating in the web, for split file 'gnome' [C:\>rexx32 zip2pdb.rex] [the script can be edited for another filename split like 'gandalf'

ROM files and striped files:-

Striped files (zh):-

From here:-
    http://mo5.com/centro/index.html

#
    A bit tricky : the MD5 value file !
    # Romtool did two things for you : pack the files of your customized ROM and generate a gnome-palmos.zip.md5 file which is ESSENTIAL.
    # Go to the directory obtained in 1 (CentroROW ROM CUSTOM) and open the file gnome-palmos.zip.md5.pdb with an hexadecimal editor.
    # This file should contain something like :

gnome-palmos.zip.md5 F<F< datahROM X DBLK ?d0126690023d559307b064aa654f52e9 *../Obj/Rel/gnome-palmos.zip
    # With your hexadecimal editor, open the file gnome-palmos.zip.md5 that RomTool gave you in 4
    # Here in my example, you have to replace the 32 bytes length sentence d0126690023d559307b064aa654f52e9 by the one contained in the file gnome-palmos.zip.md5
    # Save the file gnome-palmos.zip.md5.pdb always in hexadecimal format.
    # Double-check that the size of this file is still the same than when you got it from the ROM archive ! If not, the update process will not work.
    # You're done with the modifications on your own ROM !
    I am prohibited posting link, please make it yourself as follows,

ROM with CJK
    www.zshare.net/download/55843402f0d0f2e2/

ROM files and striped files:-
    www.zshare.net/download/558443352cc9b61a/

Striped files (zh):-
    www.zshare.net/download/55843738d4cadddf/
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I am using MFB strip rom but notice (using Resco Explorer) in ROM (not RAM (0)) I see:

Tutorial Content: 1056K
    Original.MP3: 499k
    Getting Started.mp3 504k
    KinomaVideoMPEG4Lib: 555k

I dont need these files but not able to delete it.. was this in ROM installer? They are quite big
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    4stupid, may i know what stuffs that you eliminate in your stripped rom?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapleki View Post
    I am using MFB strip rom but notice (using Resco Explorer) in ROM (not RAM (0)) I see:

Tutorial Content: 1056K
    Original.MP3: 499k
    Getting Started.mp3 504k
    KinomaVideoMPEG4Lib: 555k

I dont need these files but not able to delete it.. was this in ROM installer? They are quite big
    I'm using MFB strip rom and i was able to delete those files below successfully using rescoExporer
    *Getting Started.mp3
    *Original.MP3

And i didnt find those files below as they dont exist in RAM but in ROM
    *Tutorial Content
    *KinomaVideoMPEG4Lib
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    hi amjz, how do you delete it in ROM? I tap the file and no delete. the info says readonly?

and how the heck kinoma exist in my ROM... damn..
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    The strip rom dosnt has Ptunes so the files GettingStarted and Original are isntalled with Ptunes or restored from your backup. i deleted them using rescoeplorer with no problem, you can edit them by unchecking the readonly using rescoexplorer easily.

regarding tutorial content and kinomavideompeg4lib, those files dosnt exsit into RAM as i searched for them my Centro RAM using rescoexplorer and i found nothing! so i assume those files helds in ROM and cant be removed by end user
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Is it possible to make a ROM that have the Select Network set to 900/1800 band by default instead of Auto?

It seems that its this might be the cause of the lock-ups/freeze/lag on the GSM version and it would be handy to have it set to the manual setting by default since it resets to Auto every time you turn the cellular network off and on.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i'll test for sprint anytime, np
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I am brave! I will be happy to help for Sprint Centro.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Ok I did reflashing the Rom again with MFB and then Try again with James's (page 6 post 111)
    Now not only thats these files still existed:
    *Getting Started.mp3
    *Original.MP3
    *Tutorial Content
    *KinomaVideoMPEG4Lib

Now I also see Ptunes4.

What did I do wrong? I did follow MFB instructions.

Please help.
    ======================
    update: I tried to reflash using original rom, and kinoma is still there... damn

Any software to delete program in ROM? this is frustrating..
    =================
    update 2:
    Those files are installed in ROM when I install Ptunes and Kinoma.
    When I uninstall those 2 apps, those files are stayed in ROM...
    How do I uninstall them?? darn
    Last edited by gapleki; 03/03/2009 at 08:20 PM.
    4stupid, may i know what stuffs that you eliminate in your stripped rom?

Thanks!
    In the RAM folder of the zip file.
    Ok I did reflashing the Rom again with MFB and then Try again with James's (page 6 post 111)
    Now not only thats these files still existed:
    *Getting Started.mp3
    *Original.MP3
    *Tutorial Content
    *KinomaVideoMPEG4Lib

Now I also see Ptunes4.

What did I do wrong? I did follow MFB instructions.

Please help.
    ======================
    update: I tried to reflash using original rom, and kinoma is still there... damn

Any software to delete program in ROM? this is frustrating..
    =================
    update 2:
    Those files are installed in ROM when I install Ptunes and Kinoma.
    When I uninstall those 2 apps, those files are stayed in ROM...
    How do I uninstall them?? darn
    Sorry about the long absence. Been busy with the subaru. ; ) I'll check on this , get back to you.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    UPDATE: those files were indeed in ROMUpdate, i check it with ROMTOOLS... i have problem with MD5 Now.
    Last edited by gapleki; 03/11/2009 at 06:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Found the problem, it is indeed in ROM!
    From page 5 post# 81.

So you guys too must have those useless files in your ROM

Will create my own rom and delete those files.

GAP
    Last edited by gapleki; 03/12/2009 at 02:09 AM.